We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Friday;s Funny…. a couple of days early

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 12 years ago by Anonymous.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

On my bucket list I had written Corvette. I bought a brand new Corvette convertible and was driving out of the dealership. Taking off down the road, I kicked it up to 80 mph, enjoying the wind blowing through what little gray hair I have left.

“Amazing,” I thought as I flew down I-40, pushing the pedal even more. Looking in my rear view mirror, I saw a state trooper behind me, lights flashing and siren blaring. I floored it to 100 mph, then 110, then 120. Suddenly I thought, “What am I doing? I’m too old for this,” so I pulled over to await the trooper’s arrival.

Pulling in behind me, the trooper walked up to the Corvette, looked at his watch, and said, “Sir, my shift ends in 30 minutes. Today is Friday. If you can give me a reason for speeding that I’ve never heard before, I’ll let you go.”
    I thought for a minute knowing I had to be very resourceful. Then I said, “Years ago, my wife ran off with a State trooper. I thought you were bringing her back.”

“Have a good day, sir,” replied the trooper.

God bless America.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.