We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Gas Price Roll Call

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

What’s the going rate for gas in your part of the world? Currently this is what I am seeing in the Houston area.

87 octane – $2.09/gallon
    91 octane – $2.15/gallon
    93 octane – $2.22/gallon

I filled up last Thursday and it cost me $29.00 to fill up the tank in the Mustang, which is the highest I have ever paid. The way my motor has been tuned I have no choice but to use 93 octane. When I filled up that day there was a Hummer H2 behind me and I can tell from the owner’s face he was dreading the final tally. He filled up on 87 octane and when everything was said and done he had to fork over $50.00.

The sad thing was that he will probably have to fill up again in a couple of days.

Viewing 15 replies - 181 through 195 (of 392 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant

This morning I was in Cross Plains and the Kwik Trip on HWY 14 had regular for $2.99!

Keep it coming down!!!!

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

$2.99 at the Stop ‘N Go by Moore’s too!

GTO Man

Regular – 2.95
    Mid-grade – 3.05
    Premium – 3.15
    Racing – 7.00

I thought racing fuel was bad here, in Atlanta it is $10/gallon.

GTO Man

Regular – 2.39
    Mid-grade – 2.49
    Premium – 2.59

I don’t plan on driving more just because the price has come down. Squeeze the oil producing nations where it hurts. Let them eat sand.

Amigo2k

I saw 2.33 at a couple places on the way home and heard from a friend a week ago he paid 1.98 in Texas.

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    Regular – 2.39
    Mid-grade – 2.49
    Premium – 2.59

I don’t plan on driving more just because the price has come down. Squeeze the oil producing nations where it hurts. Let them eat sand.

I agree, just because the price has come down doesn’t mean everyone needs to go out and cruise there SUV’s. I know I have been enjoying the falling prices since I drive a truck, and I’m on the road a lot, but I’m still cutting my driving down where I can.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Now that the election is over I expect it should be on the rise shortly…

GTO Man

Regular – 2.19
    Mid-grade – 2.29
    Premium – 2.39

Another great affect will be that the heating season will be cheaper if prices stay where they are. People who bought on the pre-buy may be getting the short end of the stick this year.

Amigo2k

1.99 at a station near you….

circletrack
    Participant

I’ve seen $1.97 too! I don’t think it will go up now that the election is over, if nothing ~ it’s gone down…. Our current president could care less what’s happening with the economy and this country, hopefully the president elect realizes we need help to get out of this huge hole Bush has put us all in.

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    Regular – 2.19
    Mid-grade – 2.29
    Premium – 2.39

Another great affect will be that the heating season will be cheaper if prices stay where they are. People who bought on the pre-buy may be getting the short end of the stick this year.

I locked my propane in @ 2.09/gal this year. When I did, that was a steal. Now if the prices go down I will be screwed. Next year I can get on the budget plans for heat and electrical and be locked in at a flat rate.

circletrack
    Participant
    Quote:
    I locked my propane in @ 2.09/gal this year. When I did, that was a steal. Now if the prices go down I will be screwed. Next year I can get on the budget plans for heat and electrical and be locked in at a flat rate.

We’ve been on the budget plan for a couple years now and it really makes a difference. Not once have I had to pay in more, I’ve always had a credit at the end of the year! :)

GTO Man

I do that also with MGE. It is nice to know what it will cost each month with no surprises. And in the catch-up month you usually don’t owe anything.

Amigo2k

1.90 on the westside….

circletrack
    Participant

$1.88 in Sun Prairie today… My husband got gas earlier this week and the clerk told him not to be surprised if it’s below $1 by Christmas!! While that would be great, are we going to pay for these low prices sooner or later and how come nothing else is coming down in price? Going to the grocery store is depressing! :(

The oil companies are still making billions of dollars at these low prices, how low can it go?

Viewing 15 replies - 181 through 195 (of 392 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.