We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Gas Price Roll Call

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

What’s the going rate for gas in your part of the world? Currently this is what I am seeing in the Houston area.

87 octane – $2.09/gallon
    91 octane – $2.15/gallon
    93 octane – $2.22/gallon

I filled up last Thursday and it cost me $29.00 to fill up the tank in the Mustang, which is the highest I have ever paid. The way my motor has been tuned I have no choice but to use 93 octane. When I filled up that day there was a Hummer H2 behind me and I can tell from the owner’s face he was dreading the final tally. He filled up on 87 octane and when everything was said and done he had to fork over $50.00.

The sad thing was that he will probably have to fill up again in a couple of days.

Viewing 15 replies - 316 through 330 (of 392 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Amigo2k

Regular – 3.79

So they break a pipe and spill some oil and they immediately jack the prices so they can pay for the clean up and fix the pipe?

What happens if a local restaurant’s AC breaks down? Do they jack their prices for a couple weeks to buy a new AC?

I’m calling BS …

GTO Man

Regular – 3.89
    Mid grade – 3.99
    Premium – 4.10

August 3, 2012

circletrack
    Participant

Last week it was 3.39, gone up steadily since then… went at lunch it was $3.79, less than four hours later it was $3.99, totally agree we are getting taken advantage of BIG time and it sucks!

Amigo2k

So every brand of gas that they sell in the Madison area comes from that one pipe?

GTO Man

We are all at the mercy of the oil industry and it doesn’t show much. At every opportunity for valid reasons or not the consumer gets screwed.

moparkid25
    Participant

The Kwik Trip in Mt Horeb has went up .40 in the last four days :angry:

Anonymous
    Inactive

3.99 in Tomahawk this morning.

circletrack
    Participant

One in Sun Prairie went up .30 in less than 48 hours… :(

Amigo2k

it looks like the gas prices will go down Wednesday since they are going to start to pump oil tomorrow in the fixed pipe …. That is how it works …right?

http://www.channel3000.com/news/Ruptured-Wisconsin-oil-pipeline-allowed-to-restart/-/1648/15990652/-/qfb8sr/-/index.html

maddog
    Participant
    Amigo2k wrote:
    it looks like the gas prices will go down Wednesday since they are going to start to pump oil tomorrow in the fixed pipe …. That is how it works …right?

LOL yeah right. ;)

http://www.channel3000.com/news/Ruptured-Wisconsin-oil-pipeline-allowed-to-restart/-/1648/15990652/-/qfb8sr/-/index.html

GTO Man

Gas as high as $4.15 for regular and $4.59 for premium.

Amigo2k
    Amigo2k

I gassed up yesterday and the Mobile station was 3.99 and the BP right next to it was 3.82 … I gassed up at the BP ….

Xman
    Participant

The stations on E. Wash are all 3.99 :dry: I filled up at a BP in SP last night it was 3.82 :woohoo: ,and still the same this morning.. :S

GTO Man

My next daily driver will be a Volt or something similar. Many of the stations must be hurting, not selling as much of the over-priced junk inside the stores.

Viewing 15 replies - 316 through 330 (of 392 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.