We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum The Drag Strip GM Camaro

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

GM has shelved plans for a convertible and Z28 versions to save money.

Price: $22,245 – $33,430 first_camaro.jpg

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Amigo2k

I cannot wait to hear about the first ones in Madison! I’ll bet we will see some at QSL this year.

jonmandude
    Participant

Amigo2k wrote:

Quote:
    I’ll bet we will see some at QSL this year.

Of course there will be some at QSL. QSL is all about the store bought car. Very little respect is given to the home built car. It is primarily Vette, Mustang, Vette, Mustang, Challenger (new one), and another Vette.

circletrack
    Participant

jonmandude wrote:

Quote:
    Amigo2k wrote:

Quote:

Of course there will be some at QSL. QSL is all about the store bought car. Very little respect is given to the home built car. It is primarily Vette, Mustang, Vette, Mustang, Challenger (new one), and another Vette.

Amen to that Jon! :huh:

moparkid25
    Participant

GTO Man wrote:

Quote:
    GM has shelved plans for a convertible and Z28 versions to save money.

Price: $22,245 – $33,430 first_camaro.jpg

I don’t why they would even need a Z28 Camaro when the SS has 400+ hp. We are supposed to get ours the end of this month, and we’ve got four on order.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I’m glad to hear that at least it will be produced at all and I too am very anxious to see one here in Madison!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wanna see one up close Ballweg Middleton is suppose to be having a car show and unvieling on May 8th.

No clue on color, package or whatever. I was picking up parts at Ballweg Sauk and Wendy, the sale lady who knows I am looking at buying a Camaro, told me about the show.

http://www.ballwegchevrolet.com/default.aspx?html=events.html&s=specials

No info about were the cruise is going.

I’ll take mine a Imperial Blue Metallic.

Anonymous
    Inactive

jonmandude wrote:

Quote:
    Amigo2k wrote:

Quote:

Rant time

Last year I had the Camaro, bimmer, and 60′ there. My brothers drove in my other toys. Two older guys with dicky-doo’s parked very nice, new, Corvettes across from us. We where sitting in the back of the 60′ having a beer enjoying the cars driving threw and the two guys wandered in front of the truck and started to belittle everything about it. Glanced at the Camaro and noticed the matching plates and threw some hate towards it.

Now, I know my stuff isn’t show quality, know it all needs some TLC still, and generally blow stuff like that off but I was getting a tad pissed since I was right there and the retards thought they where talking softly enough I couldn’t hear. My youngest brother, Dan, saw my blood pressure rise and just said “I’ll handle this”. I thought he was going to go all USMC on them and the Jarhead would come out to play. No, he just calmly got out of the truck, walked around, asked them if the two Vettes where theirs.

“Ya, they are our Vettes.”

“Must have took a lot of work to write the check to Ballweg.” my brother replied

“Blah, blah, blah, I worked hard, blah blah blah, I had this installed.” they started to back peddle.

Then the Marine in my brother came out, he gave them a look that would make Andre the Giant piss himself and just said.

“Come back belittling my brothers cars when you’ve built your own,”

We where laughing our arses off in the bed of the truck, they got into the Vette’s and took off. QSL is fun, but I’m thinking of doing the Whippoorwill off Hwy 19 more this summer if he has his cruise nights again. Come into QSL and check it out, then roll up Hwy 12 to 19 and get some real bar food.

Xman
    Participant

circletrack wrote:

Quote:
    jonmandude wrote:

Quote:
    Amigo2k wrote:

Quote:

Amen to that Jon! :huh:

I have to add an Amen to that one also…

QSL does nothing for me!

A friend and myself regularly cruise up to Baraboo on Wednesday nights. They have a group of car people there, that now call themselves Classic Cruisers. They welcome anyone to cruise with them, they meet at 6 pm at the parking lot across from the Shell station on hwy 12. At 6:30 they cruise for an hour to a different restaurant every week. It is always a great time plus a different place every week….

moparkid25
    Participant

lilwillie wrote:

Quote:
    jonmandude wrote:

Quote:
    Amigo2k wrote:

Quote:

Rant time

Last year I had the Camaro, bimmer, and 60′ there. My brothers drove in my other toys. Two older guys with dicky-doo’s parked very nice, new, Corvettes across from us. We where sitting in the back of the 60′ having a beer enjoying the cars driving threw and the two guys wandered in front of the truck and started to belittle everything about it. Glanced at the Camaro and noticed the matching plates and threw some hate towards it.

Now, I know my stuff isn’t show quality, know it all needs some TLC still, and generally blow stuff like that off but I was getting a tad pissed since I was right there and the retards thought they where talking softly enough I couldn’t hear. My youngest brother, Dan, saw my blood pressure rise and just said “I’ll handle this”. I thought he was going to go all USMC on them and the Jarhead would come out to play. No, he just calmly got out of the truck, walked around, asked them if the two Vettes where theirs.

“Ya, they are our Vettes.”

“Must have took a lot of work to write the check to Ballweg.” my brother replied

“Blah, blah, blah, I worked hard, blah blah blah, I had this installed.” they started to back peddle.

Then the Marine in my brother came out, he gave them a look that would make Andre the Giant piss himself and just said.

“Come back belittling my brothers cars when you’ve built your own,”

We where laughing our arses off in the bed of the truck, they got into the Vette’s and took off. QSL is fun, but I’m thinking of doing the Whippoorwill off Hwy 19 more this summer if he has his cruise nights again. Come into QSL and check it out, then roll up Hwy 12 to 19 and get some real bar food.

That’s awesome! Sometimes you gotta put people in there place. I used to always hear about how my “daddy” bought my Charger’s for me… I worked for my stuff too, no matter how nice it is or isn’t.

Lately I’ve been hearing a lot about QSL and it hasn’t been good. I’m not sure why, because there’s always nice stuff there. I’m not sure I’ll attend this year…. Well, maybe one night when I’m done workin’ early.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.