We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows GoodGuys in Madison

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Despite the rain, what did you think of the first GoodGuys show this year in Madison? You can rate it by selecting Rate The Show from the Insert Message dropdown. You can then fill out all the categories by giving your review and a final grade

ratetheshowhowto.jpg

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    jonmandude
    Participant

I am not going to rate it. I think it would be unfair to rate a show that had so much promise and got ruined by nature.

GTO Man

I am not going to rate it either, it never got a chance to get off the ground.

circletrack
    Participant

I won’t rate it either although I did hear more than one person say they wish registration was at a more convenient location closer to the Alliant Center. It does make sense to use the Sheraton or existing hotels closer, but I’m sure there’s a reason for everything. Let’s hope next year is much better! :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I spent all day Friday at this show, and I had a blast. I was impressed with the quality of street rods and modified cars that had driven so far to participate in this show (Minnesota, Michigan, Indianna, Illinois, Kentucky). The cars were top notch, but they were still coming into the show at 4:30PM on Friday when I left. I went back today about 10AM and the parking areas were bare and most cars had left already.

I hope this show comes back to Madison in 2008! There were some very desirable cars for sale in the car corral on Friday, too!

I did notice that food prices were outrageous, though. $3 for a bottle of water, $5 to $7 for a burger, and $7 for a Cousins sub. Next year, I will have to pack my own lunch, and take a cooler of water.

jonmandude
    Participant

They told me that they have registration at a seperate location because it eases traffic in the area of the show.

I would agree with you about the prices. There is no need to charge $3 for a bottle of water or cup of coffee. I saw a lot of coolers and food brought in.

circletrack
    Participant
    Quote:
    They told me that they have registration at a seperate location because it eases traffic in the area of the show.

I would agree with you about the prices. There is no need to charge $3 for a bottle of water or cup of coffee. I saw a lot of coolers and food brought in.

That does make sense although when a friend called Good Guys to inquire about the distance between the two places, she was told “it’s only 15 minutes from the Marriott to the Alliant Center”. I’m guessing she was meaning at 2 a.m. ;)

Try going up to the Dells waterparks for the day, water is $5/bottle, and it’s the same water we purchase in 24 PACKS for $5 at the grocery store. Places don’t need to charge that much, they are making a profit even if they charge $1-2 more. We carried in a cooler on Saturday but never opened it and the ice packs were still cold later in the afternoon, wish I could’ve said that about a few shows in July this year.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was unable to go but I wish I could have made it on friday. I past 3
    street rods on my way to work. All I could think about that morning was being at the show. I even told my boss I would rather be there then at work. She actually agreed with me. I had a wedding on sat and it just
    rained to much on sunday. I hope they come back next year and the weather is better. sunny.gif

GTO Man

Here is a link to the shows award winners. Madison 2007 Good Guys Award Winners

Here is a link to some pics. Madison 2007 Good Guys Pictures

circletrack
    Participant

Hmmm, I wish I could say I knew what some of those cars looked like. I remember the bus that won well, but not much else. It’s neat to see some local names in there! :)

moparkid25
    Participant

Yeah, that’s real cool to see local guys in there. Orlie K. has lots of nice cars that he has shown over the years thumbsup.gif

I did see Bruce Stewarts ’34 Ford in the background of one of the pictures, too bad he didn’t win anything. He bought that car and re-did everything his way, from flames to white interior icon_applause.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

My personal favorite is Wade Root’s (Ft. Atkinson, WI) cabriolet. This is the second car that he has had built at Blue Chip. I think he unveiled this car for the first time at the Automotion show, earlier this year.

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    My personal favorite is Wade Root’s (Ft. Atkinson, WI) cabriolet. This is the second car that he has had built at Blue Chip. I think he unveiled this car for the first time at the Automotion show, earlier this year.

Is he the same guy that had the American Graffitti ’32 Deuce Coupe?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, one and the same. I understand that the American Grafitti 32 Coupe was sold at Back to the 50s Weekend (MSRA) show, to someone who owns a movie theatre and the car has been placed in the lobby of the new owner’s theatre.

Marshall

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.