We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Grayslake

• Creator
    Topic
    montefrazer
    Participant

Met hpdog259962 there today. wave.gif We talked a while as he was opening and closing the gate to let vehicles in and out of the swap area. Good turn out of cars and venders considering the weather. It was a little better than Jefferson. Not quite as cold and windy but it sprinkled as I was walking through and looking at parts and cars. It started to hail on the drive home icon_sad.gif . Glad I wasn’t outside when that came down. icon_biggrin.gif thumbsup.gif I’ll be glad when the weather finally decides to get out of the 40’s and I can work on my cars without wearing winter clothes. Just seeing the sun would be nice. According to the weatherman, this sunny.gif will have to do until later in the week. Drogar-Angry(LBG).gif

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Sounds like you had a good time. The weather obivously wasn’t perfect but at least it was better than Jefferson. During the day today it started snowing and raining here- I thought about you at the show but I’m glad to hear to turned out good. What’s the next one you’re going to?

montefrazer
    Participant

Next will probably be Waukesha on May 22 if the weather is good. I may go to Belvidere, Illinois on May 21 if the weatherman calls for rain Sunday and not Saturday.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Next will probably be Waukesha on May 22 if the weather is good. I may go to Belvidere, Illinois on May 21 if the weatherman calls for rain Sunday and not Saturday.

That sounds good. My next one will probably be Automotion on the 21-22 in Wisconsin Dells.

hpdog259962
    Participant

Yup, 5:30 AM-5:30 PM. We actually did pretty good despite the weather. The vendors must have been happy because they sold a lot. I got two tailights to a 1973 Camro & Three Tires That Will fit my car. I’ll probaby show to Waukesha too. wave.gif Hi Montefrazer

Quote:
    Met hpdog259962 there today. wave.gif We talked a while as he was opening and closing the gate to let vehicles in and out of the swap area. Good turn out of cars and venders considering the weather. It was a little better than Jefferson. Not quite as cold and windy but it sprinkled as I was walking through and looking at parts and cars. It started to hail on the drive home icon_sad.gif . Glad I wasn’t outside when that came down. icon_biggrin.gif thumbsup.gif I’ll be glad when the weather finally decides to get out of the 40’s and I can work on my cars without wearing winter clothes. Just seeing the sun would be nice. According to the weatherman, this sunny.gif will have to do until later in the week. Drogar-Angry(LBG).gif
    GTO Man

Sounds like a good show. Is some of it indoors?

montefrazer
    Participant

There were two buildings open to go in and warm up. One serves food and drinks. Most of it was outside. Dress for conditions or suffer the consequences. w00t.gif

montefrazer
    Participant

Yup, 5:30 AM-5:30 PM. We actually did pretty good despite the weather. The vendors must have been happy because they sold a lot. I got two tailights to a 1973 Camro & Three Tires That Will fit my car. I’ll probaby show to Waukesha too. Hi Montefrazer

HI wave.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    There were two buildings open to go in and warm up. One serves food and drinks. Most of it was outside. Dress for conditions or suffer the consequences. w00t.gif

That’s exactly right, something I failed to do fully for Jefferson. If only I had brought a hat….

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.