We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Gus’s Dinner–Sun prairie–bad news

• Creator
    Topic
    marvelous
    Participant

I received a e mail from a friend of mine a while back on the bad treatment that he got at Gus’s. The more I thought about it the more I wanted to pass it on. Has anyone else had a bad trip to Gus’s? This sounds like a place to stay away from with our cars.

Here is the e mail that i got.

Please forward to anyone thinking about going to Gus’s Diner in Sun Prairie. We were there tonight with my two red trucks, along with Mike and his 37 Coupe for the Tony Rocker show and to eat dinner. We found out just how much Gus and his family and friends like to disrespect other people’s property. First they start opening and shutting our car doors, and then started laying over the fenders for their own personal picture taking session. We asked them to stop and the one young man told me to “bring it on” as I began walking away. Then Mike had to go over to his car because another group of Gus’s family and friends had opened the hood and started digging around in his motor. That brought on another confrontation. We were only able to enjoy the entertainment for a few minutes before their family members began coaxing the very young children to climb on the fenders and bumpers of the cars. We then had enough and packed up our things and all left at the same time. Gus was outside watching everything. Our feelings were after we had given them our American money to eat at their foreign family restaurant we were no longer wanted there. Please pass this along to others. No one should have their property disrespected like we were tonight. icon_vomit1.gif

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    jonmandude
    Participant

By “two red trucks” was that the really nice guy whose name starts with an H?

Wow, that is a horrible story. I definitely will not go there if that is how they were treated. I never really mind the kids not understanding that these are not their Hot Wheels cars and they should be more careful. They simply don’t know better and the fault lies with the parents. But adults, that is another story. They should understand the amount of money (and love) we all put into our prized babies. To top it off with being confrontational? A two-by-four to the face would not be out of line.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    By “two red trucks” was that the really nice guy whose name starts with an H?

Wow, that is a horrible story. I definitely will not go there if that is how they were treated. I never really mind the kids not understanding that these are not their Hot Wheels cars and they should be more careful. They simply don’t know better and the fault lies with the parents. But adults, that is another story. They should understand the amount of money (and love) we all put into our prized babies. To top it off with being confrontational? A two-by-four to the face would not be out of line.

I know the “two red trucks” owner I believe, he is a member iATN, a technicians network I am also a member of. I’d have to say if he passed that story along it is got to be true. Never have heard a bad word from the man the few times I’ve spoken to him.

Sad that people just climbed all over cars and trucks, dug threw them, without permission. Sure, I’ll let people climb in the back of my truck, but it’s after they ask and I say yes.

lordairgtar
    Participant

Is this Gus related to the Gus’s in East Troy?

circletrack
    Participant
    Quote:
    Is this Gus related to the Gus’s in East Troy?

I’m 99.9% sure he’s not. This family owns many restaraunts in the Madison area.

Xman
    Participant

Geeze it all sounds Greek to me.. :doh: I am sure there are plenty of other car friendly places we can eat at. Beef O’ Brady’s in Sun Prairie comes to mind. At least it owned by a friendly car guy. Or Culvers on Tuesday nights.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I’m 99.9% sure he’s not. This family owns many restaraunts in the Madison area.

I also very highly doubt it. I’ve talked to Gus from Gus’s in East Troy a few times and he’s a car guy so obviously would know the protocol to follow when dealing with cars. Also, the cruise nights in East Troy have been highly successful for many years and if such behavior were going on there that wouldn’t be the case

GTO Man

That is ridiculous. I won’t go there, they sound like a bunch of rude idiots, who don’t respect a person’s property.

GTO Man

It would be nice to know the restaurants they own, I will spread the word not to patronize them.

Xman
    Participant
    Quote:
    It would be nice to know the restaurants they own, I will spread the word not to patronize them.

I can think of one for sure, I will not mention any names but I hear it sells Gyros on State St. Rumors have it that they would not let anyone park there cars in front of the place last year during the Cars on State St. show…

moparkid25
    Participant

Absolute disprespect for car owners.

I only had one guy get confrontational with me at a cruise night one time. I was at Wendy’s in Sun Prairie about 6-7 years ago with my Monte SS. Some jagoff was getting a phone number for another guy, and decided he would use my cars’ roof as his desktop. I was nearby and when I saw him start to write, I v-lined this clown screaming at the top of my lungs. So what’s he do? Moves from the roof to the t-top glass. I chewed this nerd a new one all the way back to his Karman Ghia VW wagon or whatever it was he was driving. As he’s leaving he then threatens me with violensce because he’s a black belt in karate. You’d have to check with DDHemi, but I’m pretty sure all I did was spit on him thru his car window after he threatened to kick my a$$.

This was a “car guy”. People that have no clue about old cars are worse! Where do they get off threatening these guys. I know “Mike” and he’s a pretty mellow dude, except he did go off on a guy who called his kid names at a cruise night last year :haha: That guy had that coming :haha:

Just one more reason I am a Pro-firearms advocate :banana:

lordairgtar
    Participant

When I still had my 83 Marquis wagon, some biker guy was leaning against it with chains dangling on the paint. I tell him to not lean and he says “Why it’s nothing special”. I says it’s mine and I want to keep it nice. I hate car shows that bring in bands that have a rude outside fan base that comes and seems to think the old collector cars and rods are there for their comfort or writing surface or a place to set their tired whiny three year old (seen that happen) or a bar top for their drinks. I swear, I will be driven to violence. I saw a mother use an Edsel wagon tailgate as a diaper changing station. Aaarrrgggh!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    I saw a mother use an Edsel wagon tailgate as a diaper changing station. Aaarrrgggh!

icon_cheesygrin.gif

Classic.

I wonder if it was the Mom’s car, or her husbands.

At the cruise nights and shows I’ve been to my biggest criticism I get is the paint and body on my vehicles isn’t good enough. Well, I’m no expert but each one I do I get a little better. I also don’t get to worried because I have a 6 year old and a 3 year old and man are they rough boys. Even knowing that Dad’s toys aren’t to be messed with accidents occur.

My 3 year old managed to bounce his bike right down between my truck and car, couple of nicks but nothing major. Total accident, but man the look of death in his eyes when I came in the garage.

Back seat of the Camaro is upholstered cheap, car seats tear things up really good. Might as well destroy a cheap upholstery then hope the expensive one isn’t damaged.

Oh well, they are getting much better with each show they go too. I finally have them trained that touching another car is VERY bad. They never where bad before, they just wouldn’t remember it all the time so I had to be a hawk on them and smack a hand once in awhile if it looked to be getting ready to touch something shiny.

lordairgtar
    Participant

I think we can all understand the little accidents that come with being a parent with collector cars. It kinda goes with the territory. The Edsel didn’t belong to the mom with the child, the car belonged to a friend. We were just too shocked when it occurred and we just let it slide, but did inform nicely that maybe some people would not be so understanding of an “urgent” situation. No harm, No foul!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    I think we can all understand the little accidents that come with being a parent with collector cars. It kinda goes with the territory. The Edsel didn’t belong to the mom with the child, the car belonged to a friend. We were just too shocked when it occurred and we just let it slide, but did inform nicely that maybe some people would not be so understanding of an “urgent” situation. No harm, No foul!

Absolutely.

My favorite are the guys who are really militant about even touching anything on their car but have no problem when they themselves lean against a fender of another car.

A guy I know, not really friends but not enemies, he would scream at anyone who leans on his toys. I caught him leaning on the spoiler of my Camaro, not a smart spot to lean. I asked where his wife was, he wondered why. I just told him I always wanted to grab her ass. He caught on right away and apologized for leaning on the Camaro.

lordairgtar
    Participant

I don’t even touch or lean on a new or everyday driver.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.