We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum The Drag Strip HELP ASAP “O -Town Showdown”

• Creator
    Topic
    ss396
    Participant

I am sad to say that I will not be able to run the car show this year. I am currently deployed overseas and will return in time to get things together for this years show. I am wondering if anyone would be able to run it this year? I would give you all my contact info for sponsors and voulunteers. I would be able to assist when i return home with everything but I can not do any of the leg work since I am out of country. PLEASE someone help I do not want this show to die off or be missed this year. I have food vendor, dj and several people that can help with setup and day of show. I also have many sponsors that love the show and should most definately donate. If you know someone interested in helping out please send me an email at Cucooking123@yahoo.com ASAP so we can get this going.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

Hopefully someone can step up and help you out. It has always been a well organized show.

moparkid25
    Participant

If I were you, I would get in touch with Justin Frederick. He’s young and doesn’t know any better :whistle:

circletrack
    Participant

We can certainly help.. hang in there and thank you for your service! :)

ss396
    Participant

As for my show. thanks for the support. I hope I can have someone run it this year. I certainly will not be able too. But if anyone can or knows someone who wants to try and run a show. this would be a great oppertunity to leardn. It wont be too hard alot of leg work but since we are on year 5 its pretty much good a good start and i have all the hook ups they will need. I just cant do it. :dry: I also dont want The other show in the area to think they have taken me out. that would kill me even more.

I have offered assistance to him Zack, but he wants to do his own thing. so on that note I just stand back and attend the show

ss396
    Participant

No takers? ok i guess it dies for this year. sorry I tried.

moparkid25
    Participant
    ss396 wrote:
    No takers? ok i guess it dies for this year. sorry I tried.

Hey Man, all you can do is try. No one wants to see it end, but others also have obligations and running a show is a big commitment that not everyone can commit to. Your duties with the military take presedence, if someone gets bent because you arent here then tough titties. Oregon show or not, there is no way i would substitute it with Albany, especially after the garbage theyve pulled on you in the past.

ss396
    Participant

i know that Zack not mad at people just frustrated that I cant do it. like you said its alot to do and trust me I know 98% of it I do by myself every year. thats why its so hard on me all the work i have done just to let it go like this………

circletrack
    Participant

Aaron, there isn’t anyone else in the group of people you have that are willing to step up? What about the chamber? Would they be willing to do it if they had help behind the scenes? We all hate to see shows not happen, but sometimes it’s out of your control. I wouldn’t worry about Albany either, they have their own agenda.

ss396
    Participant

Nope noone I have been a one man show for the last 4 years. The chamber couldnt do it they barely have enough to do the Summerfest. I know people are busy and I am not worried about Albany but It just flat sucks all the work I have done and I cant get it going this year. :(

lordairgtar
    Participant

As usual, I am looking forward to this event. I will speak to my Milwaukee based car club and see if anyone is willing to come help out. most being from the Milwaukee area will make it tough contacting potential donors and sponsors. What exactly do you need done so I can present it to the club. This is a long shot, but I will try and see if they want to help.

ss396
    Participant

I would love that but its morethan just a few things. Thanks anyway. I wish someone would run it but no takers.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just sent you an email to discuss this.

Dan

Zapper
    Participant

Dan,
    Let me know how it goes, maybe I can help out also.
    Thanks,
    Zapper

ss396
    Participant

The show must go on! I am hopefully in talks with a great prospect keep June 30th 2013 Open Folks!!!!!!!!!!!!! That means you especially Gregg!!

ss396
    Participant

Dan, did you recieve my email?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.