We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Hold on to your wallets

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

I checked the Madison assessment site, my property taxes went up over 9%.

Dane County 7.3%
    City of Madison 7.0%
    MATC 7.3%
    Madison Schools 12.0%

Absolutely ridiculous that the taxes go up that much. And we never see an accounting of where the money goes. How can the schools justify a 12% raise in the taxes? Just confirms the tax hell that Dane County is. And all the counties around Dane.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by GTO Man.
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Gunner
    Participant

Oh boy, I can’t wait. I’m in Dane County also, but in the Verona Area school district. The new High School will be opening and operational next year, so I am concerned about how much increase in taxes that will bring. I haven’t received my tax bill yet. Seems like it comes later and later each year. It used to be that it would come right around Thanksgiving.

moparkid25
    Participant

I got mine today, surprisingly Parisi and Evers didn’t bend me over too bad. With the lottery credit and a couple other incentives, mine stayed right where they were last year which is already too f***ing high.

GTO Man

Schools, schools, schools. They are driving the huge increase in property taxes across the area.

Madison.com Story

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.