We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows How much do you spend at swap meets?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I was wondering. I don’t go to them and was curious how much you’d spend at a car show.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

I usually spend around $50 depending if I am looking for specific parts or not. I have spent as much as $400 but that was a couple of years ago.

Anonymous
    Inactive

$400?? Was it a special radio or hard to find replacement part?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I usually spend $25 or less at car shows. Mostly, less than $25 at the actual show itself. But, if you tack on the cost of gas to get there, breakfast at McDonalds before leaving town, lunch at the car show, and a full tank of gas when I get back to town, I would estimate around $50 or more.

Swap meets – I tend to be more frugal, unless I find an item that I really, really need for the car, or an item that I don’t feel will show up again for along while. I spent over $400 at the Iola show last July, but at the Fall Jefferson show, I spent less than $25.

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I agree with the above posts, between $25-50 usually. It all really depends on if I’m looking for anything and what I happen to spot at the swap meet. One or two models can quickly add up to well over $50

hpdog259962
    Participant

5-25, highest $550

Anonymous
    Inactive

$25 at most. If I’m going to spend more than that it will be with someone I know is reputable.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    $25 at most. If I’m going to spend more than that it will be with someone I know is reputable.

Or spending someone elses money! w00t.gif

montefrazer
    Participant

I’m with the majority here. Usually $50 or less but I have spent $200+ for some hard to find stuff. Buying rare literature or dealer promotional cars can add up fast. If you go to buy a real car, you could spend thouands.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I’m with the majority here. Usually $50 or less but I have spent $200+ for some hard to find stuff. Buying rare literature or dealer promotional cars can add up fast. If you go to buy a real car, you could spend thouands.

The really nice thing about swap meets is you may find something that you quite possibly won’t be able to find again – that’s why its a good idea to always have some cash incase you find that “once in a lifetime find”. As the years go by parts for these cars will become more and more rare, and so the purpose of the swap meet becomes more and more important

montefrazer
    Participant

“As the years go by parts for these cars will become more and more rare, and so the purpose of the swap meet becomes more and more important”

I try not to think about my Monte being 36 years old. icon_scratch.gif I remember when they first came out. w00t.gif Guess I’m getting old in my old age. crybaby2.gif

hpdog259962
    Participant

I bet it doesn’t help when you have an AMC expert who had never saw an AMC delearship ever in his life.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    “As the years go by parts for these cars will become more and more rare, and so the purpose of the swap meet becomes more and more important”

I try not to think about my Monte being 36 years old. icon_scratch.gif I remember when they first came out. w00t.gif Guess I’m getting old in my old age. crybaby2.gif

“You’re only as old as you feel” icon_headbang.gif

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.