Welcome Forum The Drag Strip If it starts to hail and you’re driving your DAILY DRIVER

• This topic has 27 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 19 years ago by Anonymous.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

This topic is about getting caught when it starts hailing in your daily driver. What would you do? How would you react?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Fortunately, it doesn’t hail too badly in CA. If I were in the central states, however, I’d run for cover immediately. (I hear it can be pretty bad!)

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

It can sometimes, golfball sized or bigger! :yikes:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    It can sometimes, golfball sized or bigger! :yikes:

Ouch, that would hurt! The largest I’ve ever seen here was marble size. When the storm hit, it did quite a bit of damage in my neighborhood. icon_sad.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

Not worry too much. I think my insurance covers it. Forturnately even though we do get some nasty storms here in southern michigan we haven’t had too many seriously severe ones.

Though if it were apolocalyptic orange size hail I’d head for cover and pray! :D

Kevin

hpdog259962
    Participant

Again, Dunno

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Though if it were apolocalyptic orange size hail I’d head for cover and pray!

Me too! :yikes:

montefrazer
    Participant

Keep going to my next stop, and plan on getting a different winter beater jumpy.gif it’s the golf ball or bigger size.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’d still find shelter for the car. I don’t want it looking like some lunatic went nuts on my hood with a ball peen hammer icon_cheesygrin.gif

hpdog259962
    Participant

Has This Happend Before to you, Cap? :D icon_eek.gif

Quote:
    I’d still find shelter for the car. I don’t want it looking like some lunatic went nuts on my hood with a ball peen hammer icon_cheesygrin.gif
    montefrazer
    Participant
    Quote:

But you get a different level of respect when you drive a car that looks like that. icon_biggrin.gif Everyone lets you go first at a stop sign and you have no trouble merging in traffic.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    Has This Happend Before to you, Cap? :D icon_eek.gif

Quote:

It happend while the cars were parked in the driveway. A major hailstorm hit, and it put a bunch of little dents all over Bugsie’s car icon_sad.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

And did her insurance cover it or not because it looked like an idiot took a hammer to it?

GTO Man

I think there are alot of people who drive around looking for hail storms for the insurance money.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’d let it hail, Makes a beautifull sound bouncing off the hood, roof and trunk of the car. I usually drive a beater, and if it bothered me too bad I would fix it and throw a cheap acrylic enamel paint job on it. Then may try to get some work out of it. Or take a paintless dent repair class quick.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Plus you then have a very unique looking automobile! :lmao:

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.