We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum The Lounge Is there a musician in the house?

• Creator
    Topic
    moparkid25
    Participant

Thought about a new topic of conversation, does anyone play any musical instruments? How long have you played? What was your inspiration to play said instrument?

I’ve been playing the bass guitar for about 3 weeks now, and have the main riff to Black Sabbaths’ “Sweet Leaf” down pretty good. I chose the bass because I like the playing styles of Gene Simmons (KISS), Nikki Sixx (Motley Crue), Jason Newsted (Metallica), and David Ellefson (Megadeth) to name a few.

I love cranking my amp up to 11 and hit the power cords :)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Xman
    Participant

Nope, I always wanted to learn to play the guitar. However I do sing in the church choir, and I have tried my hand as a thespian. I was in Fiddler on the roof at our local civic theater once.

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

I have been playing acoustic guitar for a little over a year now. I tryed to play in Jr High School, but could not tune the guitar.Now with cheap electronic tuners its a snap.So I decided to give it a go again.I havent taked any formal lessons yet, just lessons off youtube.I can play most all the basic cords and bare cords and know about 25 songs.I need to work on my rhythm.It would be nice to have some one to pratice with.Memorial day weekend my step son asked if I could play the percessional at his July wedding “Here Comes the Sun”.It was not perfect , but I pulled it off!

jonmandude
    Participant

I started playing drums when I was 10. I was singing in my first band at 15, and moved to LA to go to MIT (musicians institute) when I was 21. I played in a few bands out there and came close to signing. I discovered that the music business was not for me, too much business not enough music.

Influences? Big Judas Priest fan back in the day. Now more into Glenn Hughes

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    moparkid25 wrote:
    I like the playing styles of Gene Simmons (KISS), Nikki Sixx (Motley Crue), Jason Newsted (Metallica), and David Ellefson (Megadeth) to name a few.

What about Flea from RHCP?

I’ve played both piano and guitar, but not actively much anymore

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

Ive been playing bass guitar for about 5 years off and on. And I too love the styles of Metallica and Black Sabbath.

lordairgtar
    Participant
    moparkid25 wrote:
    Thought about a new topic of conversation, does anyone play any musical instruments? How long have you played? What was your inspiration to play said instrument?

I’ve been playing the bass guitar for about 3 weeks now, and have the main riff to Black Sabbaths’ “Sweet Leaf” down pretty good. I chose the bass because I like the playing styles of Gene Simmons (KISS), Nikki Sixx (Motley Crue), Jason Newsted (Metallica), and David Ellefson (Megadeth) to name a few.

I love cranking my amp up to 11 and hit the power cords :)

If you like bass playing, give a listen to King’s X. dUG Pinnick is phenomenal

jonmandude
    Participant

I like Doug Pinnick, but favorite bass player would be Tony Franklin.

Download “Glenn Hughes – L.A. Blues Authority”. Glenn plays many of the tracks but the ones where Tony Franklin plays on are amazing. And some of the guitar on the whole CD will impress. It is a mix of musicians. If you like blues rock.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.