We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions It’s Gonna Be A Long Winter….

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have to admit that I spent a great part of the day just hanging around the garage today, wishing there was a car show somewhere. I didn’t get anything productive done, but I did make a mental note to move my detailing stuff out of the trunk and into the basement before the first hard freeze. It appears to me that I have a small fortune invested in Quik Detail, Show Car Creme Polish, Chrome Polish, Glass Cleaner, etc. I would hate to have to go out in the spring and replace all of this stuff after they froze up and separated out over the winter.

Anyone else out there feeling the blues today? I am certainly envious of our counterparts out on the west coast that choose from any number of car shows, just about every weekend of the year.

Can somebody remind me of when Spring Jefferson rolls around again, or does anyone have a date for the first car show of the year within a reasonable driving distance of Madison?

Marshall

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    circletrack
    Participant

Put the Chevelle in storage on Friday, not a good feeling… crybaby2.gif Luckily we just put it in our exposed basement and I can still visit now and then. We have some work to do this winter but waking up to days like this reminds me of the LONG winter days we have ahead. I don’t mind the winter as much as I do the dark days that go with it! I’m also a big racing fan and that’s going to end soon also (the local stuff did a few weeks back).

29th Annual spring Jefferson is scheduled for April 29 – 30, 2006. That’s not that far off, right! w00t.gif I’m pretty sure that’s one of the first shows of the year other than World of Wheels that’s held in January in Milwaukee.

GTO Man

I agree with both of you. The car show season abruptly ends in early October. then comes the realization of how long the winter will be. Still have to get the cars ready for winter. Few if any decent days left for driving. Today is certainly a dark day. This winter we don’t have any projects planned on the cars except the possibility of picking up an additional one. We store a couple of cars in an extra garage at my brothers house. It is heated and insulated and is set up nice with posters, diecasts, trophies(the few we have gotten), a bar. Last year did the interior in his ’71 Cutlass convertible which turned out well.

Saw a station yesterday where diesel was 3.79/gallon, glad I don’t own a diesel. I see from his website that Spring Green Motors was going to be at a Mecum auction this weekend, I think he brought down the Boss 302 and a Shelby.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.