We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Janesville “Jesus…” show Class Parking question

• Creator
    Topic
    Blown69RS
    Participant

Does anyone see a “problem” with how cars were parked at this event??
    I’d like opinions….

if the picture doesn’t show up within this post, you may view it here also:
    http://home.mchsi.com/~Blown69RS/P1030123e.jpg
    P1030123e.jpg

Of the 5 cars in this photo:
    1 paid the show organizer for the right to be in the show
    4 were non-paying “displayers”

and, even if 3 of those 4 would have paid, why were they parked in a class that was 25-35 years older??

I’d suggest taking the admission dollars at the “gate” to keep mooches out of the area.
    And then follow up on where your entries actually park.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    circletrack
    Participant

The majority of the shows in this area do not park cars within their class (with the exception of Blanchardville and a couple others), most shows park you as you come in, unless you request otherwise. Did this show park you by class?

That red Chevelle has been around for many, many years which is obvious by the paint scheme :)

Blown69RS
    Participant

definitely parked by class at the show. Each row had a flag with the letter on it.
    If it had been park with your friends wherever you’d like, I wouldn’t have brought up the discussion.

How ’bout going to shows and parking with the show cars, but not paying?
    Is that common there too?

I’ve seen it happen here before also, and it’s an insult to the organizers of the show.
    Pay your fee like everyone else, a lot of times it’s going to a good cause anyways…

Blown69RS
    Participant

As for the rest of the Janesville experience:

This is BY FAR the friendliest crowd I’ve seen in years. Absolutely top-notch spectators and car owners. I specifically remember 3 different car owners who made similar comments to me like: “thanks for coming up to Wisconsin”, “thanks a lot for sharing your car with us”, etc… These were comments from other owners, and not from anyone affiliated with the show. The organizers were nice too, but you expect it from them. To get greetings and discussions like we had from other entrants is a compliment to Wisconsin’s car show participants. I’ve said it before – there are shows in Eastern Iowa where the cold-shoulder attitude ruins the show experience. I could tell stories of the show that was only 25 miles from our house where we were stiffed by “most” of the entrants, and made to feel like we should leave,,,, only because we weren’t a member of their car club. And actually, that would’ve applied even if we were from that town…. not in the club? leave.

When anyone asks us what we thought of the show, quality of cars, spectators, etc,, in the Wisconsin area (and they have already) – I’ll have nothing but good things to say about the Janesville crowd.

The original discussion of this thread is the ONLY thing that I thought could be improved upon at the show.

Amigo2k

I’ve been to shows in the past where if it is like 30 minutes past the registration time then you can just roll on in and park.

It seems each year more and more shows are offering a fee for no Judging (5bucks is normal). I think this is a win win for both the show and the car owner, because sometime folks only have a couple of hours to enjoy the show before they need to head to some other event and at the same time some car owners have no interest in a plastic trophy. This helps to cut down on the number of cars that need to be judged too.

Blown69RS
    Participant

I had seen the non-judged option on some of the Wisconsin area show flyers. That wasn’t an option at the Janesville show, as far as I can tell. That’s an interesting option that I’ve never seen implemented in Iowa or Western Illinois shows.

I’d think that would work better at Judged shows than participant vote shows. I know theres been times that I’ve gotten frustrated because I’m interested in voting for a car, and they have no window placard,,, either because they haven’t put it up yet, or because they’ve chose to park with the show cars without registering. If it was only up to a Judge to find a car to inspect it, I could understand how it wouldn’t matter. It’s an extremely rare case for us to ever participate in a Judged show,, they’re just not available in our area. That was one of the deciding factors I used when we chose to attend the Monroe Balloon Days show in Wisconsin…. It’s always interesting to do a judged show so you can get some ideas of what to work on for improvement. We have to suffer through participant vote shows all year, so we always look forward to the judged ones.

The issue that arose from the newer cars parked in the wrong area was this: People interested in the older classic cars walked down our row at the show, and when they saw 2 newer vehicles, assumed the class had ended and turned around. I had numerous people ask me why those cars were parked around us. They said they almost missed seeing us…. besides being told that, I also witnessed it a few times. This has nothing to do with getting votes,,,I couldn’t care less about a plastic novelty trophy.

circletrack
    Participant

Yes, it is getting more and more common for shows to have display only vehicles, but you still have to pay to enter the event. I can’t imagine why those “new” cars were parked with the older ones, but that’s how it goes.

I haven’t been to this show before, but it sounds like someone made a mistake, it happens. We have cars coming in the back gate at our show last year, it takes all kinds! :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well out of the 5 cars in the photo, you got 2 of the years correct and the only reason you got the crossfire’s correct is because you read his plaque. The chevelle is a 67, the probe is a 95, and the talon is a 97. All of the cars were a group and were told at the gate to park together in that location. The cars weren’t registered because winning a trophy wasn’t on the agenda for the day, which was clearly your only reason for attending…

moparkid25
    Participant
    CodeGTR wrote:
    Well out of the 5 cars in the photo, you got 2 of the years correct and the only reason you got the crossfire’s correct is because you read his plaque. The chevelle is a 67, the probe is a 95, and the talon is a 97. All of the cars were a group and were told at the gate to park together in that location. The cars weren’t registered because winning a trophy wasn’t on the agenda for the day, which was clearly your only reason for attending…

Thanks for coming on and being a complete asshole to a guy who was simply asking a question.

Blown69RS
    Participant

yeah, you got me….

I drove over 6 hours and spent $165 on gas because, “clearly, my only reason for attending” was to get a $5 trophy…… Talking to 2 different show organizers from Wisconsin, and offering to distribute fliers to their shows down in my area was only a “cover” for my real reason for being there – I clearly only wanted a trophy. Taking the time to photograph a lot of the participant cars, edit them into download-friendly size, and post them for everyone else to enjoy was only a “cover”damn, I really wanted one of those trophies. Spending hours talking to other car owners from the Janesville area about their cars, and being away from my own for 90% of the day, was only to throw people off from my real intentions…… I want my trophy!!!

I apologize for getting the year of the Chevelle wrong. My fault, should’ve been 1967 and not 1966. As for the other 2 that you claim I got wrong – can you see the “?” after the numbers “1994”? To most intelligent people, that would indicate I’m not sure if that’s the proper year or not. On the other one, can you see “1990’s?”..? Again, there’s a question mark there, meaning I’m not exactly sure of the year. So, I wouldn’t say I technically got them wrong. But, let’s be honest here… one of them is a Ford Probe, and the other is a Mitsubishi (aka Eagle Talon).. so who really even cares?

As for not paying the registration fee for the event:
    Maybe I should try your philosophy the next time I go out to a movie or a sporting event….
    I’m not really here to watch the movie, I’m just hanging out with my buddies….. so, would it be ok to go in to the theater without paying for a ticket?
    or,,,
    I don’t really want to watch the game, I’m just here with my friends….. so, can I just go into the stadium and pick a seat without paying for a ticket??

If you were only there as a spectator, and didn’t expect to have to pay a registration fee, then do like all the other spectators did, and park on the road. You weren’t registered because you’re cheap. The money went to the church and a scholarship for someone “needy”. Do you have some type of problem with that??

I might have to slightly qualify one of my earlier opinions – “This is BY FAR the friendliest crowd I’ve seen in years. Absolutely top-notch spectators and car owners.” I still think this is 99% true. Unfortunately, the user “CodeGTR”, (who by the way was too cowardly to post under his “normal” user name), is the one blemish.

Thank you Moparkid25 for your support. I thought about typing the same comment you did, until I read his signature line. I didn’t see the need to call him an asshole, considering the poor guy owns a Ford Probe,,,, isn’t that embarrassing enough??:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Janesville “Jesus…” show Class Parking question’ is closed to new replies.