We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Jefferson …year restriction?…..or not?

• Creator
    Topic
    jonmandude
    Participant

I noticed an interesting thing on the Jefferson Car show web page.

Car Show and Swapmeet Details, Dates, & Times
    Our 36th annual Spring Jefferson Car Show & Swap Meet will be held April 26, 27 & 28, 2013 at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds located right on Hwy 18 in Jefferson, WI. The featured car for this car show will be Corvettes; however, any and all years of cars are welcome.

and

Car Show – Saturday and Sunday
    The Car Show has 100’s of awesome show cars that you’ll definitely want to check out! The Car Show is Saturday and Sunday. The price to enter the Car Show is $7.00 per adult in the vehicle. Children under 12 are free. Cars in the Car Show area must be pre-1989 or of special interest. Vehicles must be in running condition. Dash plaques for the first 200 vehicles registered are given out at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Please – No For Sale signs in the car show area.

Notice one says “..any and all years of cars are welcome”..and the other says “…must be pre-1989..”

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

I would email and have them clarify that. That is contradictory.

jonmandude
    Participant

email sent.

I just found it weird. Jefferson has never had a cut-off, and it doesn’t seem like space is an issue. If they cut-off, they cut-off. No big deal…I will just never go there again

circletrack
    Participant

For some reason, I thought they’ve always had a year cut off.

We haven’t participated in the car show for a long time, but always go and/or have swap spaces.

Let us know what you find out

77thor
    Participant

The way I read it is that “…any and all years of cars are welcome…” applies to CORVETTES which are the featured cars… and all other cars “…must be pre-1989.”

They have always had a year cut-off for show cars, but I don’t think it was really enforced.

Zapper
    Participant

Below is the responce I received from Erick at Madison Classics.
    Sounds like they have everyone covered.

If you consider what you drive is of special interest or a show car, such as a late model corvette, camaro, challenger, charger, mustang, tuner, ect… Madison Classics welcomes anyone who has a interest in showing there vehicle, and appreciates there patronage.

Madison Classics
    PO Box 7414
    Madison, WI 53713
    (608) 244-8416
    http://www.madisonclassics.com
    [/color]www.facebook.com/madisonclassics

moparkid25
    Participant

Better hope the ground dries out, or all of them show cars will be stuck in the mud.

I havent been to Jefferson in years. Its turned into a giant garage sale and there more crafts and quilt booths than there is car parts.

jonmandude
    Participant

The official word that I received today from Madison Classics is

“All makes and models are welcome in the car show. I will make a note to revise that during our next web update.”

D.Dawg
    Participant
    jonmandude wrote:
    I noticed an interesting thing on the Jefferson Car show web page.

Car Show and Swapmeet Details, Dates, & Times
    Our 36th annual Spring Jefferson Car Show & Swap Meet will be held April 26, 27 & 28, 2013 at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds located right on Hwy 18 in Jefferson, WI. The featured car for this car show will be Corvettes; however, any and all years of cars are welcome.

and

Car Show – Saturday and Sunday
    The Car Show has 100’s of awesome show cars that you’ll definitely want to check out! The Car Show is Saturday and Sunday. The price to enter the Car Show is $7.00 per adult in the vehicle. Children under 12 are free. Cars in the Car Show area must be pre-1989 or of special interest. Vehicles must be in running condition. Dash plaques for the first 200 vehicles registered are given out at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Please – No For Sale signs in the car show area.”

If it doesn’t dry up in the next week they will need to rename this event to the Jefferson Boat and Kayak Show.

intmdatr3
    Participant

I too hope it will dry out too. We went there a few years ago and it was very wet even the car was sinking in the back lot. We are hoping to attend this year just to enjoy the cars and parts as well as to get out of house. I hope the weather will cooperate as for we are really looking forward for the ride down.As for now the weather forecast doesn’t look good. I don’t want to walk around in a raincoat and waders lol…….

GTO Man

Lets hope they are correct.
    Apr 26
    63°
    46°
    Mostly Cloudy
    CHANCE OF RAIN:
    20%

WIND:
    SSW at 11 mph
    Details
    Sat
    Apr 27
    58°
    44°
    AM Clouds / PM Sun
    CHANCE OF RAIN:
    20%

WIND:
    SW at 11 mph
    Details
    Sun
    Apr 28
    59°
    42°
    Partly Cloudy
    CHANCE OF RAIN:
    10%

WIND:
    WSW at 11 mph

77thor
    Participant

The weatherman is lucky if he can get tomorrows forecast correct, let alone 7 days in the future. IMO.

GTO Man

I agree, the forecast will probably change a hundred times between now and next weekend.

GTO Man

I agree, the forecast will probably change a hundred times between now and next weekend.

intmdatr3
    Participant

Not sure about there restrictions as for I have never shown the Monte there. Well let us hope the weather will be right. We are going there on Saturday and hope this is going to be a nice day. Should be a fun time and looking forward to exposing myself to this as for the Monte has not come out to play yet. This winter is really taking a toll on me and need to escape if only for the day. So let us hope all goes good for us to enjoy…….

jonmandude
    Participant

Look me up on Saturday. I have a project for Sunday, so Saturday it is.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.