We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Klassic Kruisers Car Club – Madison

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Can anyone educate me on this club. I have been to several of their shows the past couple of years, but I can’t seem to find any info on who they are, where they hold meetings, what they do, etc.

Does anyone have this info or know where to find it????

P. S. My apologies to Circletrack for confusion (on my part) as to He actually being a She. Sorry. Now I can truly send out my postings to Car Guys and Car Gals. icon_applause.gif

Marshall

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I’ve heard of them, but I don’t really know any big details. Sorry

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Andy.

On a different note, how is the Car Show Calendar for 2006 coming? When do you think you will have some good solid dates as to some of the better shows for next year? Also, I assume that there are a number of sources that have to be consulted in order to get the Calendar firmed up???

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Hey Marshall,

Well the calendar is coming along slowly but surely. Nick has a lot more info for that part of the site, its really his area of expertise. I think right now there aren’t very many shows being listed for next year, with details. I know that the sooner we get to next year’s season (its so far off yet crybaby2.gif ), more events will become available. Also on a side note, you can add events too if you find one that we don’t have on there.

One thing I’ve been working on a lot the past couple of days is the News section. Do you read any of the artices on the front page at all? Right now I’m trying to include an automatically updated news source, so that there will always be new news each day. Unfortunately its hard to find a source about classic cars, let alone one that has this thing called RSS. Right now I have a general GM one up there

GTO Man

Marshall

Klassic Kruiser from what I know have been around for quite a few years. Klassarama has been going on for 20+ years. I have heard that alot of the members are older and probably don’t want to put in as much time as they used to as far as putting on a show. That is why they didn’t give out trophies at this years show. It certainly hurt the attendance.
    As far as the car shows calendar, usually information starts coming out after the 1st of the year. There are a number of different sources I use.

Nick

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Yep Nick is the man when it comes to car show listings :salut:

circletrack
    Participant

A side note to them not giving out trophies this year…. Last year the Road Apples won the majority of the trophies, but we did have almost 40 cars in attendance. I know a few of the members and there were many complaints on the club winning so many trophies… So, along with the advanced ages of the members, among other problems some of them have ~ the decision not to give trophies was decided. I don’t know what they have planned for 2006, getting a trophy really isn’t a big deal to me, but it obviously is to others. If I hear anything, I’ll let you know. Personally, I would like to see another club/organization take over this show, or at least HELP the Klassic Kruisers out. This show has been around for many years, has a great location and lots of potential.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Klassarama has always been a great show, but this year was a disappointment as far as turnout. I’m not concerned with trophies really either, but it would be nice to have a good turnout

Anonymous
    Inactive

I, too, have been attending this show for the past couple of years, and it is a first rate show, or I should say, was a first rate show, up to last years non-judged, no trophies, show. What were they thinking?

Car guys and car gals can get together anywhere they want and just hang out and shine the cars and visit with the neighbors (Tallards Station, Quaker Steak and Lube, etc). What Madison needs is as many judged car shows as possible. The Badgerland Mustang Club gave up their judged All Ford Show and Mustang show several years ago, and I would hate to see the Klassarama Show go the same route. What does that leave us here in the Madison area? Only the GTO show at Don MIller, which is very heavy with Pontiac, Oldsmobile, and GM cars.

Marshall

GTO Man

I enjoyed the Badgerland Mustang Clubs show a couple of years ago in Sun Prairie. Its too bad they didn’t continue that. Klassarama definitly took a hit this year because of the lack of trophies. People who put their cars in shows like to know they have a chance at winning a trophy. We missed out on a trophy for the GTX at the Blanchardville show. THey called us about 4 times but we had already left. It was just too hot. That sense of competition always adds a little extra to a show. There is certainly a lack of shows within Madison.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Amen!

I enjoy driving as much as I enjoy showing the Mustang, but sometimes it would be really luxurious to have a show in my backyard, where I could sleep an extra hour or so and not be pushed to get out and get underway, knowing that the drive would be short and the show would be top notch. I think Madison is big enough and there certainly are enough top rate cars to pull off a major car show in Madison. I am suprised that no one or no one group has looked at this as a way to make some Major Money with the popularity of classic cars, antique cars, and collector cars being what it is.

Marshall

GTO Man

Maybe it will happen next year. I think Quaker Steak and Lube seemed to have caught on. Tallards is another option and I think their is a NASCAR related restaurant opening in the area in the coming months. There are many nice settings for a show. WTDY used to put on a show, Autobration. We went to that for a number of years. It was hosted by Matt Joseph who had a nice radio on WTDY on Saturday mornings. His radio show was cancelled and that spelled the end of the car show.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Haha we should host a Wisconsin Collector Car show in Madison! Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

I do hope Klassarama will be better next year, unfortunately a lot of the shows were disappointing as far as turnout and excitement this year.

circletrack
    Participant

Many of the bigger shows have “attempted” to make stops in Madison but Madison in general is NOT a car friendly town and that was obvious to many at prior events. I wonder what the Klassic Kruisers would think if others offered to help them out? I can’t imagine they’d turn away offers?!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Maybe this would be an appropriate time to take this discussion back to the beginning. How does one get in touch (i.e., talk with) someone such as an officer or show chairman of the Klassic Kruisers? Do they hold monthly meetings? Do they hang out anywhere in particular? I would like to ask some direct questions regarding their plans for next year.

Also, I believe that given enough publicity and given time for scheduling and planning, someone or some group or a particular club could hold a hugely successful car show in the Madison area. The God’s County GTO club comes to mind – they hold an annual show at Don Miller – they don’t put alot of work into the show, but they are limited by space at the facility, but still pull off a successful event. Same for the Verona show – Did you see the turn out last year? It was tremendous.

Marshall

circletrack
    Participant

Marshall ~ Email Ray Watters at dlhrww@charter.net

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.