We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Klassic Kruisers Car Club – Madison

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Can anyone educate me on this club. I have been to several of their shows the past couple of years, but I can’t seem to find any info on who they are, where they hold meetings, what they do, etc.

Does anyone have this info or know where to find it????

P. S. My apologies to Circletrack for confusion (on my part) as to He actually being a She. Sorry. Now I can truly send out my postings to Car Guys and Car Gals. icon_applause.gif

Marshall

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Marshall let us know what he says, it’ll be interesting to see how this works out

Anonymous
    Inactive

I did send an email to the gentleman’s address that was posted by Circletrack. I will post an update if there is a response or explanation regarding last year’s show, or what the plan’s are for next years show.

Marshall

GTO Man

I went to the Verona show, was very impressed. They seemed well organized and it was a good setting. They had good attendance also. I walked thru the Don Miller show, it was just too hot to enjoy. Madison is not a car friendly town, just ask Mayor Dave what he thinks of cars. Any City who would have someone like they did running the Overture center is a joke. Amazing all the stories coming out.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah, it will be interesting to see what more there is to the story regarding the guy formerly in charge of the Overture Center.

I remember that day at the Don Miller show. Like you, I walked through and did not take the Fastback. That had to be the hottest day of the summer and it was well beyond “toasty” on their asphalt lot! You truly could have cooked eggs on the lot that day! There was a nice selection of cars though and the participants were laid back and relaxed. Instead of waxing and polishing, most folks were jockeying for a piece of shade anywhere in the vicinity of the show. If I am not mistaken, that show was put on by the God’s County GTO Club?

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Nick and I picked up one of those pop-up canoys that fold up in 30 seconds. They are really handy, you just can’t put a price on shade at a car show. They are worth their weight in gold really. That might be an idea to think about over this winter. I didn’t go to the Don Miller show but it sounds like it was too hot for comfort

circletrack
    Participant

Received my first trophy this year at Don Miller! It was incredibly hot that weekend, especially on the pavement, but they had the dealership open inside complete with the a/c cranked and free beverages for everyone. The GTO club put on a nice show despite the heat. We have one of those canopies also, it fits nicely in the trunk and is very nice to have. They’ve come down a bit in price the last couple years.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Received my first trophy this year at Don Miller! It was incredibly hot that weekend, especially on the pavement, but they had the dealership open inside complete with the a/c cranked and free beverages for everyone. The GTO club put on a nice show despite the heat. We have one of those canopies also, it fits nicely in the trunk and is very nice to have. They’ve come down a bit in price the last couple years.

That’s another nice feature, easy storage!! Just throw it in the trunk and you’ve got it for all year. I think they are about $80 or so, definitely worth it for all the use you will get out if it

Anonymous
    Inactive

Update – There has been no response from Ray Watters or anyone else from the Klassic Kruisers Kar Klub.

Circletrack- Congrats on the Don Miller Show! I would agree that was a fun little show put on with not alot of effort with excellent results all the way around. Hopefully this year it will not be so hot.

Marshall

GTO Man

Gods Country GTO club put on a good show at Don Miller. Too bad it was so hot. A couple of years ago they had nearly 200 cars at their show in Reedburg. The last couple of years they have had their show in Madison, first out by Warner park, then at Don Miller. It has been one of the few shows that take place in Madison.

circletrack
    Participant

I did hear back from Klassic Krusiers and there will NOT be a show at the VFW next year. I don’t know why, that was the response I received. I’m disappointed, but also understand.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I did hear back from Klassic Krusiers and there will NOT be a show at the VFW next year. I don’t know why, that was the response I received. I’m disappointed, but also understand.

Really??? I’m shocked! 😯 :yikes:

I was always a fan of the Klassarama show, it won’t be the same without it

GTO Man

Thats too bad, I always enjoyed that show. I believe last year was their 25th year. That will be a real loss for Madison shows.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

It will, it always had lots of quality vehicles

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am trying really hard to understand. I am truly disappointed that they won’t be doing a show next year. Their show was one of the “easy” ones. Easy drive out, easy drive back, lots of shade, and lots of good cars. This is a major loss.

Also, I remember when the GM/Pontiac show was out at the shopping center by Warner Park. The first few years there couldn’t have been more than 30 cars or so. I was attending this show before I purchased the fastback. Top Notch, Well Run, First Rate Show.

Circletrack – What is your take on the Klassic Kruisers? Is the club losing members and interest, or is it a case of no one willing to step up and take charge?

Marshall

GTO Man

There used to be a show that took place out in Middleton on Allen blvd. around the pond in the park. I think it was Dave and Tom’s summer cruise or something like that. That didn’t happen this year either. The good thing about the out of town shows is having to drive there, its always fun to get the cars up to speed.
    There are some nice shows close to Madison. Cross Plains, Deforest, Mt Horeb and Cambridge come to mind. Others near here include Deerfield.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.