We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Klassic Kruisers Car Club – Madison

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Can anyone educate me on this club. I have been to several of their shows the past couple of years, but I can’t seem to find any info on who they are, where they hold meetings, what they do, etc.

Does anyone have this info or know where to find it????

P. S. My apologies to Circletrack for confusion (on my part) as to He actually being a She. Sorry. Now I can truly send out my postings to Car Guys and Car Gals. icon_applause.gif

Marshall

Viewing 9 replies - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Another that comes to mind is Monroe, although their organization leaves much to be desired

Anonymous
    Inactive

I received a response today, not from Ray Watters, but from someone else (possibly an officer in the club?). There definitely will not be a Klassarama show in 2006. With the average age of club members being 55 to 65, coupled with the expense and time of putting on a show, and coupled with a perceived inability to please the majority of participants, the club has cancelled this show. I understand that the issue will be revisited in 2007. Annual dues for the Klassic Kruisers are $24 a year, and meetings are held monthly, but without the big annual event, what benefit would there be for a new guy like me to join up with this outfit? Also, I am told that they did discuss the idea of partnering with another club or group of car enthusiasts, and that idea was vetoed also.

Circletrack – Are the Road Apples accepting new members? icon_cheesygrin.gif

Marshall

GTO Man

They really are down on putting on a show. I am sure that is hard to keep people happy
    especially when it comes to trophies. Next year would of been the 25th year, not this year. I can see there point, it takes alot of time, money and energy to put on a show.
    Some of the people who attend don’t appreciate the hard work that goes into it.Maybe they will change their mind in 2007.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I sure hope so!

I was hoping that they would seriously consider “partnering” with another club or groupd to keep the Klassarama show going. This creates a big void for us here locally. So, I guess the logical question is: Will there be another good show scheduled for that weekend that will work for us here in the Dane County and Madison area?

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I’m sure there will be another show, but the question becomes will it be as well setup, run, and populated (by quality cars) as Klassarama was. Those are some big shoes to fill.

If you want to take a look at the last two years of Klassarama, here are the pictures I have gathered:
    http://www.wiscollectorcar.com/coppermine/cpg132/thumbnails.php?album=56
    http://www.wiscollectorcar.com/coppermine/cpg132/thumbnails.php?album=7

circletrack
    Participant
    Quote:
    Circletrack – Are the Road Apples accepting new members? icon_cheesygrin.gif

Marshall

Always! :)

That’s really a shame, for years that has been a good show. It’s a bummer someone couldn’t approach them before the decision was final on next years show. I bet more people than they think would be more than willing to help out. I know the majority of the members are older and it’s a lot of work…

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

If we could get enough people together it would be interesting to form our own club, although I’m sure it takes a lot of organization and time

GTO Man

One thing I remember about this year’s show, they didn’t even give out a dash plaque.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    One thing I remember about this year’s show, they didn’t even give out a dash plaque.

You know its getting to the end of the line when that happens

Viewing 9 replies - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.