We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Layoffs at Wisconsin Companies

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Hexion plant in Pleasant Prairie near Kenosha – 110 people
    Wisconsin Box in Wausau – 64 people
    Bluegreen Corp – 150 people

Bergstrom – I have heard they have let 50% of their staff go statewide.

Viewing 15 replies - 136 through 150 (of 278 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Xman
    Participant

Amigo2k wrote:

Quote:
    How does that new Wisconsin saying go again?

1/5/11 Kmart Store #7100 Sheboygan Retail department store; New Closing: 62 employees

1/11/11 Patrick Cudahy Inc.; Layoff: 388 employees

1/13/11 US Bancorp Milw. Comm. Banking; New Layoff: 64 employees

1/13/11 NewPage Corporation Whiting Paper Mills, Closing: 366 employees

1/14/11 Robin Manufacturing USA Inc. Hudson Other Engine Equip Mfg; New Closing 29 employees

1/14/11 Unified Solutions, Inc. Pleasant Prairie Packaging & Labeling
    Services 561910 New Layoff: 228 employees

1/24/11 Federal-Mogul Corporation Schofield Piston ring mfg; Closing: 183 employees

1/27/11 Wisconsin Food Gift Company, LLC; New Closing: 102 employees

1/27/11 Quillin’s Village La Crosse Supermarkets & Other Grocery Stores; New Closing 99 employees

1/31/11 Aerial Company, Inc. Marinette Service Estab Equip Merch Whls; Layoffs: 77 employees

1/31/11 Everbrite LLC La Crosse Sign Mfg; 339950 Closing: 9 employees

1/31/11 Ruan Logistics Corporation Eau Claire General Freight Trucking Long Distance; New Closing: 63 employees

2/16/11 Portage Daily Register Div. -Madison Newspapers Inc. Portage Newspaper; New Layoff: 33 employees

2/25/11 Zalk Josephs Fabricators LLC Stoughton Fabricated Structural Metal Mfg; New Layoff: 20 employees

3/3/11 West Asset Management Wausau Collection Agencies New Layoff; 163 employees

3/3/11 Ultra Mart Foods LLC, dba Pick n’ Save Food Store West Bend Supermarkets & Other Grocery Stores; New Closing: 96 employees

3/10/11 JCPenney – Asset Recovery Center Milwaukee Mail Order Houses; New Closing: 52 employees

3/14/11 CSM Bakery Products NA Oak Creek Commercial Bakery; New Closing: 100 employees

3/17/11 Nice-Pak Products, Inc Green Bay Sanitary Paper Product Mfg; New Closing: 68 employees

My friend is getting laid off from Wolf (sub zero) next Thursday, and they are laying off 53 people in July and moving to Texas!

But remember we have the tools, and were open for business…

GTO Man

Seems like the creation of jobs is going the wrong way. Those look like some good jobs leaving.

Amigo2k

The Ramada and the Tilted Kilt restaurant will officially close on Sunday. The closure will leave 104 people without jobs.

http://www.channel3000.com/money/29592605/detail.html

Anonymous
    Inactive

Xman…….Do you know why they moved to Texas???

GTO Man

Famous Footwear Distribution Center in Sun Prairie To Close

42 employees will be laid off in late January and 102 employees in late April.

Xman
    Participant
    GTO Man wrote:
    Famous Footwear Distribution Center in Sun Prairie To Close

42 employees will be laid off in late January and 102 employees in late April.

Huh, and all I hear is Walker is creating jobs..

circletrack
    Participant

Pretty sure this has nothing to do with Walker… more like a Corporate decision ~ things can be made cheaper somewhere else. What a bummer for everyone that works there, and Sun Prairie.

GTO Man

Sounds like they are moving the jobs to California or Tennesee. IMO, Walker and his chorts have created a poor(literally) climate for business and workers in this state. I believe you will see more and more businesses leaving this state if they have the opportunity. I wonder if he is counting those job losses against his promised 250k jobs over the time he will be in office?

Bigbluetruck
    Participant

My brother works at famous footwear in the maintenance dept going on 25+ years,so far only 2 people in management have been offered the oppertunity to transfer to either tn. or ca.,every one else is losing there jobs.Walker may not be responible for the closing but so far he is doing nothing to try to keep the place from closing.My brother is almost 60 yrs. old,who is going to hire him?He stands a good chance of losing everything he worked for.All i can do is pray for the poor souls losing thier jobs and try to help my brother out the best i can.

Xman
    Participant
    circletrack wrote:
    Pretty sure this has nothing to do with Walker… more like a Corporate decision ~ things can be made cheaper somewhere else. What a bummer for everyone that works there, and Sun Prairie.

But, why would they leave? Were open for business in Wi. They are not making shoes there. They are just a distribution center. All the shoes come from China and Indonesia anyway. I worked with a guy from Indonesia.. Nike’s are made there, he could buy them for $1.50 pr. Think about that next time you purchase some shoes.. The corporate right wingers just keep getting richer..Guess who is in the Koch brothers back pocket. My favorite puppet…

Anonymous
    Inactive

There has been alot of “noise” lately, about jobs for vets, especially hiring returning vets from Iraq and Pakistan.

The reality is there are jobs available for returning vets, but they are low paying, entry level, minimum wage jobs. This is no way to treat our men and women returning from service. Also, vets no longer receive (in most places) hiring preference. Vets are competing against everyone else looking for a job these days. In many cases, the returning vet is over qualified for the available jobs.

Just my two cents worth…..

Marshall

Amigo2k

Report: Wisconsin lost nearly 10,000 jobs last month

Read more: http://host.madison.com/business/3e017e0a-1158-11e1-a857-001cc4c002e0.html

circletrack
    Participant

From the Sun Prairie Star ~

Brown Shoe Company, Inc. on Tuesday, Nov. 15 provided an update on its previously announced portfolio realignment and plans to close its Sun Prairie distribution center in 2012.

The closing of the facility will be a phased process, which is expected to begin in January and conclude in April, according to a company press release.

During this time, functionality will be moving to other locations, as the company works to reduce excess capacity in its retail distribution network.

“This decision was based on the result of changes in our industry and our continued portfolio realignment efforts, which are focused on shifting resources to our strategic consumer platforms,” said Mike Kauffman, senior vice president of global supply chain management for Brown Shoe Company, said in the press release.

“The decision to close this facility is in no way a reflection of the skills and abilities of the Sun Prairie team.”

In April 2008, company officials voiced confidence in the Sun Prairie facility after moving its headquarters from Madison to St. Louis.

I don’t recall the previous administration working too hard to keep Famous Footwear in Madison. He showed no interest in keeping the company in WI, other states fought to bring Famous Footwear and jobs to their state as they had leaders who worked for the best for their state and its residence. Famous Footwear is not the first or last to leave WI and it’s time to stop blaming one person for everything..

Think of the people who have worked at the distribution center for years and now need to try and find a job, I would not want to be in their shoes. We should all be thankful for the job we have.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    circletrack wrote:

Think of the people who have worked at the distribution center for years and now need to try and find a job, I would not want to be in their shoes. We should all be thankful for the job we have.

Absolutely true!!!! And I speak as someone who has been on both sides of the fence. Yes indeed, we should all be thankful for the job or jobs we have.

moparkid25
    Participant
    circletrack wrote:
    From the Sun Prairie Star ~

Brown Shoe Company, Inc. on Tuesday, Nov. 15 provided an update on its previously announced portfolio realignment and plans to close its Sun Prairie distribution center in 2012.

The closing of the facility will be a phased process, which is expected to begin in January and conclude in April, according to a company press release.

During this time, functionality will be moving to other locations, as the company works to reduce excess capacity in its retail distribution network.

“This decision was based on the result of changes in our industry and our continued portfolio realignment efforts, which are focused on shifting resources to our strategic consumer platforms,” said Mike Kauffman, senior vice president of global supply chain management for Brown Shoe Company, said in the press release.

“The decision to close this facility is in no way a reflection of the skills and abilities of the Sun Prairie team.”

In April 2008, company officials voiced confidence in the Sun Prairie facility after moving its headquarters from Madison to St. Louis.

I don’t recall the previous administration working too hard to keep Famous Footwear in Madison. He showed no interest in keeping the company in WI, other states fought to bring Famous Footwear and jobs to their state as they had leaders who worked for the best for their state and its residence. Famous Footwear is not the first or last to leave WI and it’s time to stop blaming one person for everything..

Yes, People need to realize that this isn’t a Walker decision. He’s easy to blame because those who have had everything handed to them or had a gravy train job for years now, GASP, have to pay for a portion of there own healthcare and retirement. To this I say, welcome to the private sector, where we’ve been rockin’ this party for years. They want a scapegoat, and they are using Walker.

I think people beleive this is a State Government issue because Jim Doyle, who did absolutely nothing for this state except put us deeper in debt, was on board with the UAW down in Janesville trying to keep GM in town. But for those of you who didn’t know that the UAW was a proud supporter of our former idiot governor, he was keeping the campaign money rolling in. How did that all work out?

Nike’s are made in Vietnam, or at least mine were :whistle:

This was a corporate decision by Famous Footwear. It has nothing to do with politics, and it is not Scott Walker’s job to make them stay here. Although, if he offered them some tax breaks, maybe they would stay. But then the Rich, Evil Republicans would be doing something good for the local economy.

And Walker has created a lot of jobs – He got teachers who needed to retire years ago to finally do so, and pave the way for college graduates in education to start there careers. Same with state workers.

That’s my take on it. I just wonder how many people who are protesting the Governors actions also voted for him?

Viewing 15 replies - 136 through 150 (of 278 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.