We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Layoffs at Wisconsin Companies

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Hexion plant in Pleasant Prairie near Kenosha – 110 people
    Wisconsin Box in Wausau – 64 people
    Bluegreen Corp – 150 people

Bergstrom – I have heard they have let 50% of their staff go statewide.

Viewing 15 replies - 151 through 165 (of 278 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

Yes, the jobs they are a flowing in/out.

Report: Wisconsin lost 9,700 jobs last month, and that comes from State DWD.

Madison com Story

Xman
    Participant
    GTO Man wrote:
    Yes, the jobs they are a flowing in/out.

Report: Wisconsin lost 9,700 jobs last month, and that comes from State DWD.

Madison com Story

Also what about Cub foods closing too?

I wonder whats next for this state…

Wikipedia..:whistle:
    Nike has been criticized for contracting with factories (known as Nike sweatshops) in countries such as China, Vietnam, Indonesia and Mexico. Vietnam Labor Watch, an activist group, has documented that factories contracted by Nike have violated minimum wage and overtime laws in Vietnam as late as 1996, although Nike claims that this practice has been stopped. The company has been subject to much critical coverage of the often poor working conditions and exploitation of cheap overseas labor employed in the free trade zones where their goods are typically manufactured. Sources for this criticism include Naomi Klein’s book No Logo and Michael Moore documentaries.

circletrack
    Participant

Just a reminder.. businesses OPEN every day too! :)

I don’t think Cub Foods closed overnight either, have you been to the store lately? Last time I was there, it was like a ghost town. Hyvee opening certainly didn’t help, and with Woodmans and Walmart making changes in Sun Prairie, how many grocery stores can compete? Sentry will be next, let the blaming begin! :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ll be damned if my truck ran out of gas today. Fu*@#ng Scott Walker!

Amigo2k

FBI Wants To Close 3 Wis. Offices

http://www.channel3000.com/news/29821086/detail.html

Reducing Government in Wisconsin…

Amigo2k

WAUSAU, Wis. (AP) — Wausau Paper says it plans to close its Brokaw mill by March 31, putting about 450 people out of work.

http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/Wausau_Paper_To_Close_Brokaw_Mill_By_March_31_135208798.html

GTO Man

There is a long way to go to any recovery. This may be the new normal.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You know you have 16 pages on this thread of companies closing in Wisconsin, and everybody blames Walker for them closing up. My question is why didn’t the federal gov bail them out like they did with GM and Wall Street? I’ll tell you why….they didn’t have the big unions and the fat cats on Wall Street paying the Democrats off!

My truck didn’t start today……..Damn Walker!

I got a pimple on my a$$…….Damn Walker!

MY dog ran away…………..Damn Walker!

And so it goes on!

moparkid25
    Participant
    STORMEASTON wrote:
    You know you have 16 pages on this thread of companies closing in Wisconsin, and everybody blames Walker for them closing up. My question is why didn’t the federal gov bail them out like they did with GM and Wall Street? I’ll tell you why….they didn’t have the big unions and the fat cats on Wall Street paying the Democrats off!

My truck didn’t start today……..Damn Walker!

I got a pimple on my a$$…….Damn Walker!

MY dog ran away…………..Damn Walker!

And so it goes on!

No, they’re still blaming Bush for stock market fallout :whistle:

Amigo2k
    GTO Man

That is a huge blow to the Marathon County economy along with the Brokaw Paper mill closing.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Your right………..this is a blow to the economy in central Wisconsin. 1000 jobs in one month, that’s a lot of well paying jobs lost. Although, the Sheilds one was could have been avoided, they voted themselves out of that one.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just alittle update in todays paper……….union officials were trying to contact the parent company to see if the decision could be reversed. Seems like the workers had agreed years ago on pay cuts and were asked this year for a pay freeze. I suppose they got sick of giving stuff up and finally said no. Hopefully the two sides can get together and get an agreement that both sides can live with.

Amigo2k

over 40 post offices to close in Wisconsin. Here is the list:

http://about.usps.com/news/electronic-press-kits/expandedaccess/states/wisconsin.htm

circletrack
    Participant

Hardly use the post office anymore.. pay all our bills online and rarely mail anything. Stopping Saturday delivery would be no big deal to me.

Viewing 15 replies - 151 through 165 (of 278 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.