We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Layoffs at Wisconsin Companies

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Hexion plant in Pleasant Prairie near Kenosha – 110 people
    Wisconsin Box in Wausau – 64 people
    Bluegreen Corp – 150 people

Bergstrom – I have heard they have let 50% of their staff go statewide.

Viewing 15 replies - 166 through 180 (of 278 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

Thermo Fisher to close Two Rivers plant, 200 jobs lost

JS Online Story

moparkid25
    Participant
    Amigo2k wrote:
    over 40 post offices to close in Wisconsin. Here is the list:

http://about.usps.com/news/electronic-press-kits/expandedaccess/states/wisconsin.htm

Stitzer has a post office?! I can see why they would close it, why have a post office for the 12 people that live in that town. 6 of them probably can’t write there own name anyway :whistle: I didn’t realize Doylestown had a post office either.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Amigo2k wrote:

http://about.usps.com/news/electronic-press-kits/expandedaccess/states/wisconsin.htm

They need to do a complete overhaul on the postal system.

Amigo2k

1970 Buick GS – $12000 (Janesville)

http://madison.craigslist.org/cto/2761449029.html

5I25N95K93Le3Nc3H5bcj35122ae19d8719bc.jpg

Looks like a nice weekend cruiser at a fair price …

Drop the top … for 600 bucks?

1988 Cavalier Z24 (Convertible) – $600 (Watertown)

http://madison.craigslist.org/cto/2760848190.html

5T65F15S03F23m43odbcj668adc88231c131f.jpg

circletrack
    Participant

I’ll admit I’ve never heard of most of those towns. I imagine they are very small and unfortunately closing the post office could also damage the town beyond repair. A shame!

Anonymous
    Inactive

The Postal system was fine until Bush and the Republican Congress passed law so that the Postal service has to fully fund pensions for 75 years into the future. That’s exactly why it’s having problems now and why it suddenly went “broke.” It’s just a political ploy to end decent paying public service jobs. These people don’t care where they strike as long as they lower pay for the common guy. Public sector unions were just easier to target at this time. But as we’ve all witnessed, wages have gone down for nearly everyone except the top 20% in the last 30 years

Anonymous
    Inactive

Doyle was paying off Thompson’s debt until the Bush economy kicked in. Massive wealth redistribution to the top coupled with deregulation of the banks caused The Great Depression, the recession of 1991 and this recession. Every major modern recession followed 8 to 12 years for Republican led deregulation and wealth redistribution, and a gutting of workers rights.

BTW, Wisconsin was about mid-pack in taxation before Thompson and in the top 5 highest taxes states during his last 4 years.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Apples and Oranges… George Bush and the Republican controlled Congress passed the bailouts of GM and the banks in 2008.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    moparkid25 wrote:

No, they’re still blaming Bush for stock market fallout :whistle:

Because Bush blocked the Feds when they saw this bank crisis coming in 2005. Giving Bush credit for what he actually did to cause the crisis isn’t “blaming him.” In fact, it’s exactly why it happened.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,460044,00.html

Anonymous
    Inactive
    67GTO wrote:
    Apples and Oranges… George Bush and the Republican controlled Congress passed the bailouts of GM and the banks in 2008.

I’m sorry, Democrat controlled Congress in 2008. But the plan they passed was presented to them by the Bush administration

Quote:
    U.S. Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson proposed a plan under which the U.S. Treasury would acquire up to $700 billion worth of mortgage-backed securities. The plan was immediately backed by President George W. Bush and negotiations began with leaders in the U.S. Congress to draft appropriate legislation.

$800 billion to the banks, plus another $3.7 trillion in backdoor bailouts.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    67GTO wrote:
    67GTO wrote:

I’m sorry, Democrat controlled Congress in 2008. But the plan they passed was presented to them by the Bush administration

Quote:
    U.S. Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson proposed a plan under which the U.S. Treasury would acquire up to $700 billion worth of mortgage-backed securities. The plan was immediately backed by President George W. Bush and negotiations began with leaders in the U.S. Congress to draft appropriate legislation.

$800 billion to the banks, plus another $3.7 trillion in backdoor bailouts.

So what your saying is that this absolves congress from any blame because now congress was controlled by the Democrats, then it was ok. But had congress been controlled by the republicans well then, they would be to blame also. It always makes me laugh how people with there “blinders on” percieve things. Example, “Koch brothers give money to republicans” and the difference between “Big unions give money to Democrats” Check it out, the top 5 lobbyist in WI 4 were labor unions for 2011. The Koch brothers were not evenin the top 10,instead of all the finger pointing lets hear your solutions to the problems facing us.

1. Wisconsin State AFL-CIO, 2,251 hours, $2,302,171
    2. Wisconsin Education Association Council, 9,370 hours, $2,062,716
    3. AFSCME Council 11, 3,306 hours, $1,228,811
    4. AFSCME International, 10,631 hours, $694,422
    5. AT&T Wisconsin, 4,167 hours, $439,745
    6. Badger Advocates, Inc., 1,458 hours, $253,917
    7. Wisconsin Medical Society, 1,851 hours, $253,770
    8. Wisconsin Counties Association, 2,354 hours, $233,081
    9. Wisconsin Automobile & Truck Dealers Association Inc., 1,470 hours, $227,729
    10. Wisconsin Energy Corporation, 614 hours, $219,506

lordairgtar
    Participant

Amazing that the only comments from 67GTO are political in nature.

lordairgtar
    Participant
    moparkid25 wrote:
    Amigo2k wrote:

Stitzer has a post office?! I can see why they would close it, why have a post office for the 12 people that live in that town. 6 of them probably can’t write there own name anyway :whistle: I didn’t realize Doylestown had a post office either.

Surprised to see Babcock still had a post office. I guess they will have to drive to Pittsville now.

GTO Man

I believe all elections should be publicly funded, that way there would be no influence by groups or individuals. As far as a union making political contributions they represent many individuals as opposed to an individual(such as the kook brothers) making a contribution. To be fair to the union you have to divide their contribution by the number of individuals to determine the real contribution per union member.

It really makes no difference, the system is so corrupt now that things will never change.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    GTO Man wrote:
    I believe all elections should be publicly funded, that way there would be no influence by groups or individuals. As far as a union making political contributions they represent many individuals as opposed to an individual(such as the kook brothers) making a contribution. To be fair to the union you have to divide their contribution by the number of individuals to determine the real contribution per union member.

It really makes no difference, the system is so corrupt now that things will never change.

I have to agree with you on that……….publicly funded might solve a few things. Another thing they should do is put a limit on the number of political TV ads that can be run per day, per channel!!! This is driving me nuts already and we have 11 months to go!

Viewing 15 replies - 166 through 180 (of 278 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.