We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Layoffs at Wisconsin Companies

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Hexion plant in Pleasant Prairie near Kenosha – 110 people
    Wisconsin Box in Wausau – 64 people
    Bluegreen Corp – 150 people

Bergstrom – I have heard they have let 50% of their staff go statewide.

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 278 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Amigo2k

WAUTOMA, Wis. (AP) — Tough economic times have shuttered a manufacturing plant in Wautoma (wah-TOH’-mah).

Nearly 200 people will be out of work when Cummins Incorporated closes its plant at the end of March.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/W/WI_CUMMINS_LAYOFFS_WIOL-?SITE=WIMAD&SECTION=HOME

GTO Man

Not necessarily Wisconsin but with far reaching affects.

Caterpillar – 20000
    Pfizer – 19000
    Home Depot – 7000
    Sprint/Nextel – 8000

The sooner they pass Obama’s plan the better. At least it may haved an effect.

Amigo2k

Good cartoon that was written 15 years ago (fits for today)click on the link for a large readable version:

https://mywebspace.wisc.edu/rendres/web/unknown.jpg

unknown.jpg

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

That’s hilarious tho quite true sadly. I think the days of this old idea of you verses me, reflected especially in the quote about “anti-business types”, is gone now with Obama. Hopefully that will mean real change.

Also I heard 50,000 people nationwide lost their jobs today. Did anyone see 60 minutes this weekend? If not, here’s the emotional clip about a town hard hit by these layoffs:
    Video from 60 Minutes

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    GTO Man

JL French Automotive Castings Inc. in Sheboygan blames the downturn in the auto industry for forcing 300 permanent layoffs announced on Monday.

Amigo2k

GTO Man wrote:

Quote:
    JL French Automotive Castings Inc. in Sheboygan blames the downturn in the auto industry for forcing 300 permanent layoffs announced on Monday.

Third-generation family business Henshue Construction, Inc. is the latest local casualty of the economic downturn.

Henshue will lay off approximately 66 employees and permanently close its facility at 313 W. Beltline Highway on March 30, the Department of Workforce Development announced Tuesday.
    http://www.madison.com/tct/news/stories/435136

GTO Man

This country is crumbling around us. Where are people supposed to find jobs?

Amigo2k

I know. I watched that video Andrew posted on DHL. Pretty much a whole Town is wiped out…. pretty sad….

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Amigo2k wrote:

Quote:
    I know. I watched that video Andrew posted on DHL. Pretty much a whole Town is wiped out…. pretty sad….

Yeah that’s why it stood out for me because it puts real faces and people behind all those numbers that you see and hear…

Amigo2k

The Capital Times — 1/29/2009 10:34 am

About 200 workers at three Wisconsin companies have been or will be on layoff according to new layoff announcements made Wednesday by the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development.

Sixty-one workers at the Cuba City plant of Wausaukee Composites have been temporarily laid off and will be on layoff for two months, after the plant’s largest customer canceled a contract.

The company, headquartered in Wausaukee in far northeastern Wisconsin, makes molded fiberglass products for a variety of industries.

Borg Indak, Inc., Delavan, put 31 workers on layoff on Jan. 5, according to a letter filed with DWD on Wednesday, due to customers holding back orders during the economic downturn.

The company has a workforce of 125 at the Delavan plant.

Borg Indak makes electronic switches and components for the automotive, outdoor power equipment and consumer electronics industries.

Hutchinsen Technologies, Inc., Eau Claire, announced 100 more employees are being laid off, joining the 100 employees laid off Jan. 8.

Hutchinson makes computer components.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Jim Richardson wrote a column in this months Hemmings Classic Car magazine, entitled “Where’s Henry Ford When We Need Him?”

In regards to the bailouts and stimulus packages, Richardson says that Henry Ford said, many times, that “borrowed money won’t cure bad management”. Too bad, Ford doesn’t subcribe that mandate any longer.

Richardson also wrote that Henry Ford would be “making automobiles that people want to buy, instead of cars that a bunch of bureaucrats who couldn’t change a tire without calling the Auto club think should be built”.

GTO Man

Good point about Henry Ford. His business was pretty much self sustaining. He built cars that people could afford, and were needed and wanted.

GTO Man

http://www.madison.com/tct/business/435499

Cuba City plant of Wausaukee Composites – 61 workers laid off after largest customer canceled order.

Borg Indak, Inc., Delavan, 31 workers, customers holding orders.

Hutchinsen Technologies, Inc., Eau Claire, 100 laid off in addition to 100 laid off Jan 8.

Amigo2k

La Crosse firm lays off 89

The Capital Times — 1/30/2009 11:08 am

Pacal Industries in La Crosse is the latest Wisconsin company to lay off employees.

The metal fabricating firm, headquartered in Roseville, Minn., laid off 89 employees on a temporary basis because of a “sudden and unexpected” decline in business from Terex Corp., one of its main customers for products used in making cranes.

Some of the Pacal employees had been laid off as of Jan. 9, with the rest being laid off Friday.

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 278 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.