We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Layoffs at Wisconsin Companies

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Hexion plant in Pleasant Prairie near Kenosha – 110 people
    Wisconsin Box in Wausau – 64 people
    Bluegreen Corp – 150 people

Bergstrom – I have heard they have let 50% of their staff go statewide.

Viewing 15 replies - 121 through 135 (of 278 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

Richland Center dairy to lay off 57 employees

Madison.com Article

Amigo2k

Wolf Appliance Threatens To Move Fitchburg Plant To Kentucky
    Company Wants Workers To Take 20 Percent Pay Cut

http://www.channel3000.com/money/24274996/detail.html

GTO Man

Unfortunately the way things are going the economy is never going to improve. Wages keep going down, necessities cost more, taxes and fees keep rising, it is a never ending cycle. People have less money to spend and with employers like Subzero threatening to move the jobs people don’t want to spend anyway. The best days in this country are in the past.

GTO Man

I can see Wolfe’s side of it also. They are in business to be profitable and if business is very slow something has to give. Either they lay workers off or they take a temporary salary reduction. That is the point, it should be a temporary reduction. Too many companies these days get concessions from workers and then conveniently forget to bring salaries and benefits back up. In my position I am competing with foreign workers who are brought in at lower wages, thus pushing down wages for American(citizens- not H1B visa holders) workers. When are companies here going to start thinking about their workers(from the US) instead of just the cheapest pimp labor around.

Amigo2k
    GTO Man

I wonder what Arizona is offering for them to jump ship?

Anonymous
    Inactive

GTO Man wrote:

Quote:
    I wonder what Arizona is offering for them to jump ship?

Business going from blue states to red states, whoda thunk?

Amigo2k
    GTO Man

ATT has been doing well, I guess it is time to get rid of some of the workers who got them there.

GTO Man

US Bancorp in Milwaukee – 64 positions

Madison dot Com Story

lordairgtar
    Participant

GTO Man wrote:

Quote:
    US Bancorp in Milwaukee – 64 positions

Madison dot Com Story

They also decided to not use Bartolotta’s Fireworks for the 3rd of July. They went with a cheaper Iowa company. I’ll bet the CEO got a fat raise for that one.

lordairgtar
    Participant

The small company I work for has cut us to five hour days. Crappers!!!

GTO Man

This country is in a no-win situation. They want people to spend more money to rev up the economy, but many people have already lost their job, or are having their hours cut, haven’t had raises for years, and most are afraid they may lose their job altogether. Who in their right mind will be buying anything extra in that situation.

There is no easy way out this time.

GTO Man

Wisconsin Cheeseman is Closing – Another victim of the economy

80 Jobs

Channel 3000 Story

Amigo2k

How does that new Wisconsin saying go again?

1/5/11 Kmart Store #7100 Sheboygan Retail department store; New Closing: 62 employees

1/11/11 Patrick Cudahy Inc.; Layoff: 388 employees

1/13/11 US Bancorp Milw. Comm. Banking; New Layoff: 64 employees

1/13/11 NewPage Corporation Whiting Paper Mills, Closing: 366 employees

1/14/11 Robin Manufacturing USA Inc. Hudson Other Engine Equip Mfg; New Closing 29 employees

1/14/11 Unified Solutions, Inc. Pleasant Prairie Packaging & Labeling
    Services 561910 New Layoff: 228 employees

1/24/11 Federal-Mogul Corporation Schofield Piston ring mfg; Closing: 183 employees

1/27/11 Wisconsin Food Gift Company, LLC; New Closing: 102 employees

1/27/11 Quillin’s Village La Crosse Supermarkets & Other Grocery Stores; New Closing 99 employees

1/31/11 Aerial Company, Inc. Marinette Service Estab Equip Merch Whls; Layoffs: 77 employees

1/31/11 Everbrite LLC La Crosse Sign Mfg; 339950 Closing: 9 employees

1/31/11 Ruan Logistics Corporation Eau Claire General Freight Trucking Long Distance; New Closing: 63 employees

2/16/11 Portage Daily Register Div. -Madison Newspapers Inc. Portage Newspaper; New Layoff: 33 employees

2/25/11 Zalk Josephs Fabricators LLC Stoughton Fabricated Structural Metal Mfg; New Layoff: 20 employees

3/3/11 West Asset Management Wausau Collection Agencies New Layoff; 163 employees

3/3/11 Ultra Mart Foods LLC, dba Pick n’ Save Food Store West Bend Supermarkets & Other Grocery Stores; New Closing: 96 employees

3/10/11 JCPenney – Asset Recovery Center Milwaukee Mail Order Houses; New Closing: 52 employees

3/14/11 CSM Bakery Products NA Oak Creek Commercial Bakery; New Closing: 100 employees

3/17/11 Nice-Pak Products, Inc Green Bay Sanitary Paper Product Mfg; New Closing: 68 employees

Viewing 15 replies - 121 through 135 (of 278 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.