We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Madison Auto & Motorsports Show

• Creator
    Topic
    Amigo2k

I wonder who is organizing this?

http://www.alliantenergycenter.com/UpcomingEvents/tabid/103/ctl/Details/Mid/456/ItemID/1382/Default.aspx

Alliant Energy Center

Saturday, March 24, 2012
    Sunday, March 25, 2012

The 2012 Auto Expo is a fun and exciting event for the whole family which allows positive exposure to the motorsports world while giving a portion of the ticket sales and some services provided by vendors to various causes. Collector, antique and race cars will be the main focus of the attractions, but all motorsports and outdoor activities vendors will be featured as well.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    circletrack
    Participant

Heard several different stories.. last one was Dave Larson and Full Circle are involved now.

I’ve also heard it’s going to be mostly vendors with a few cars thrown in there.. It will cost you $5 to display your car, food, bands and the whole nine yards. At first it sounded interesting, but the more I hear ~ the more I think it’s a good idea to stay away.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

GTO Man
    Amigo2k wrote:
    I wonder who is organizing this?

http://www.alliantenergycenter.com/UpcomingEvents/tabid/103/ctl/Details/Mid/456/ItemID/1382/Default.aspx

Alliant Energy Center

Saturday, March 24, 2012
    Sunday, March 25, 2012

The 2012 Auto Expo is a fun and exciting event for the whole family which allows positive exposure to the motorsports world while giving a portion of the ticket sales and some services provided by vendors to various causes. Collector, antique and race cars will be the main focus of the attractions, but all motorsports and outdoor activities vendors will be featured as well.

Looks like it could be allot of fun. Madison needs well supported car events such as this.

circletrack
    Participant

Madison does… events tend not to last long around here

Amigo2k

What I heard today was that the original group that created the World Of Wheels are the ones that are putting this together. It is not a World of Wheels event.

I was also told that if you want to show your car you could do so for free. Spectators would be 5 bucks.

circletrack
    Participant

And I’ve heard differently, even received a call from someone associated with the show. Not sure what to think..

I have no idea how this will work, renting the building alone costs a fortune!

Xman
    Participant
    Amigo2k wrote:
    What I heard today was that the original group that created the World Of Wheels are the ones that are putting this together. It is not a World of Wheels event.

I was also told that if you want to show your car you could do so for free. Spectators would be 5 bucks.

Interesting I was one of those World of Wheels people and have not heard anything about this show at all.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Good morning and hello to all!!! We have been searching for more information regarding this show and can’t find anything!!! We are thinking about putting one of our project cars in the show. If anyone finds out the contact info etc please let us know!!!

Thanks!
    Genesis Speed Shop & Restorations
    http://www.genesisspeedshop.com
    608-210-1000

circletrack
    Participant

Hello, I received a flyer regarding this show. Contact Madison Auto & Motorsports Show at 608-237-7663 or madisonautoshow@yahoo.com.

moparkid25
    Participant

I’m kinda looking forward to this. It will be interesting to see who has there cars on display :)

GTO Man

Should be a nice indoor car show. There are a number of initational indoor shows that take place in the upper midwest in the spring.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Seems to be fun. Wish India could also have such auto shows.

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

I e-mailed Rob and he says he will send the invites out by the end of the week.

circletrack
    Participant

what do you mean by invites?

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

I suubmitted an application for my car to be in the show. He replied:

Yeah, I remember those now. Very cool. We will get back to all the exhibitors with the invite emails and posters by the end of the week. Thanks, Rob

circletrack
    Participant

Thanks, I know a few that submitted also and haven’t heard anything. I’m still wondering how this is going to work, would be great to have a nice show in Madison.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.