We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Madison Auto & Motorsports Show

• Creator
    Topic
    Amigo2k

I wonder who is organizing this?

http://www.alliantenergycenter.com/UpcomingEvents/tabid/103/ctl/Details/Mid/456/ItemID/1382/Default.aspx

Alliant Energy Center

Saturday, March 24, 2012
    Sunday, March 25, 2012

The 2012 Auto Expo is a fun and exciting event for the whole family which allows positive exposure to the motorsports world while giving a portion of the ticket sales and some services provided by vendors to various causes. Collector, antique and race cars will be the main focus of the attractions, but all motorsports and outdoor activities vendors will be featured as well.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    circletrack
    Participant

Heard today the show is now Saturday only, interesting!

GTO Man

Link below to the event on the calendar.

2012 Madison Auto & Motorsports Show

circletrack
    Participant

Hopefully more info is released soon for those wanting to participate, I’ve talked to a couple people, including one of the vendors and so far nothing.. the show is 3 short weeks away now.

thekcarguy
    Participant

They called me and asked what kind of car I have, I replyed a 1988 Dodge Aries, I sent a picture to the email address and got a form. So in turn you can most likely see my Aries at the show..

lordairgtar
    Participant
    speedy car wrote:
    Seems to be fun. Wish India could also have such auto shows.

Organize one. I’ve been on Indian collector sites so I know there is a car community.

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

I am still waiting for a reply,nothing yet.Now less that three weeks away.

thekcarguy
    Participant

Try sending a picture, I waited for a week or so wondered where my registration was, I sent a picture of my car and with in a couple of hours I had a entry sheet.

circletrack
    Participant

I emailed them today, this is the response I received.. we are entering the promotion phase, and will be sending a poster for everyone to print and put up at places they frequent and forward to all their contacts and their contacts for break rooms at local companies. This is going to be a show from the heart and everyone will need to pitch in together to make this the amazing success it could be. With of the high price of Alliant parking, we are keeping ticket prices low because we want as many people to attend as possible. Sorry about the delay but there were a surprising number of details to be worked out for the promo materials. Please let us know of any promotional ideas or tips for putting this show on you have as well. We have not run out of car space yet, but have a great variety of models. So everyone who sent in a form is in the show, and we can still take a few more.

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

here is an e-mail I recived this morning:

“We are working on a poster to be finished today, and will be asking everyone to print and put up where they work, and send to all friends and ask them to send as well. The show is Sat only, 10am – 6pm, load in on Friday still a go. We did not run out of space for cars, so all who sent in apps are in. Still working out best floor layout for vendors and cars. Sorry about the delay, we had issues to work out with Alliant, and can say no more. There will be a lot of very cool elements to this show, but first time putting it together and short timeline has been problematic. Hit me back if you do not have a poster pdf by Tues. Thanks, Rob”

circletrack
    Participant

The latest…

First let me say, thank you to all of you for joining forces and providing Madison with an awesome car show. A number of the vendors who originally signed up for a 2-day show would like to have the show run 10 am until 8 or 9 pm. We originally had planned to close at 6 pm. The show is Sat only, and I am seeking opinions from all involved as we will have to get everything out by midnight. Mike at Alliant said it should only take a few hours to clear out, so that does not seem like an issue, but I am asking opinions of all involved at this point anyway. You can still load in Fri 8am – 11pm or Sat am, but everyone and everything goes home by the end of the night on Sat. Please let me know if this will mess anyone up and if there is a preferred show closing time. Vendors can pretty much close up anytime they want, but we can’t run the cars until the public leaves, so that is why I am contacting you with this. We are working on some radio deals to promote the show, but I am counting on everyone to forward the poster when completed and ask that all print out some and put them up where they work, where their friends work, and where they go to have fun or buy gas. If we all do a little, the results will be big. Bucky Book is going to do a wildcard coupon promo to 16,000 book holders, which is also great, but as you all know there is never enough promotion to be done.

We are hoping to make this a big success so that we can establish a Madison show that families will attend and thus get a new generation excited about vintage, classic, race and hot rod cars, trucks and motor sports vehicles. Now if we can just do something about those gas prices . . . anyway, please weigh-in if you have an opinion, and be a good sport if the majority go a bit longer or shorter. I wish you could see the wide variety of gems coming to this show, but we have to put other matters ahead of that for now, which is pretty much promotions. Also, a portion of the proceeds will benefit Big Bros/Big Sisters and the DC Humane Society, which is just the right thing to do at a car show and should help in getting posters up. Thanks, Rob & Jeff

thekcarguy
    Participant

sounds like they are still in the process of making it happen, should be a good turn out for the first year..What ever happened the new car show they used to have?

moparkid25
    Participant

Sounds like its 3 weeks away and its still one big clusterf$%&.

Xman
    Participant
    moparkid25 wrote:
    Sounds like its 3 weeks away and its still one big clusterf$%&.

I’d have to agree, sounds like something to stay really far away from…

thekcarguy
    Participant

seems like a bit of a mess, but im sure the bugs will get worked out before hand. after all don’t all first year shows have problems?

moparkid25
    Participant
    thekcarguy wrote:
    seems like a bit of a mess, but im sure the bugs will get worked out before hand. after all don’t all first year shows have problems?

No, not all first year shows are a mess. The Road Apples show went smooth as pie, and has been relatively smooth since. Of course, its ran by people who understand how a car show should work, too.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.