We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Mazo Fun Dayz Car Show

• Creator
    Topic
    Luxuryliners
    Participant

[article]1711[/article]

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant

I won one of the three class awards here last year, and since I couldn’t make it this year it gave someone else a shot to win.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The last years this show was on I did a lot to promote it since it is my hometown. This year I didn’t push to spread the word. Those running it are a tight group and their class choices are pretty set in stone. Others, like myself, have asked for a broadening of classes. I’ve never gotten a answer why they haven’t grown but it is my opinion they want to keep the show small. I can’t reply to where the entry fee goes either. I am ass-u-ming to the local chamber of commerce but my business isn’t a member so I am just ass-uming.

It was my BMW that was donated, I supplied the materials and work to prep and paint it for the kids. I hope it went over well, we had about 27 kids paint throughout the day. I couldn’t tell you who won or lost as I was busy around the bimmer all day long.

As for the downtown businesses doing more. The one that does is R&J’s Saloon. My business, Willie’s isn’t located downtown and everything I did Saturday came out of my own pocket. Any others that put in effort aren’t downtown. I’m not really sure many of the businesses that the show surrounds have much of a opinion if the show is there or not.

BMWArtCar003.jpg

Luxuryliners
    Participant

So what’s in store for the BMW now that it has been painted? Neat idea to let the kids paint it, haven’t seen that before. Too bad the downtown businesses don’t take more of an interest, if each sponsored an award they could literally point at the building during the awards ceremony, can’t get much better advertising than that. The bar down around the corner seems like the big hang out during this event each year but I’m only in Mazo once a year (guess what for) so it might be packed all the time for all I know (is that the Saloon you mentioned, if so good for them!).

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Luxuryliners wrote:
    So what’s in store for the BMW now that it has been painted? Neat idea to let the kids paint it, haven’t seen that before. Too bad the downtown businesses don’t take more of an interest, if each sponsored an award they could literally point at the building during the awards ceremony, can’t get much better advertising than that. The bar down around the corner seems like the big hang out during this event each year but I’m only in Mazo once a year (guess what for) so it might be packed all the time for all I know (is that the Saloon you mentioned, if so good for them!).

Well, I’ll likely put some business signage on it and park it outside the shop, likely drive it in the parade this fall. I’ll also use to to chase down cars at customers homes. We will keep the paint on it until my brother and I decide what color we want it. He prefers a Orange, I’d like to stay to a Gray so we don’t have to strip the entire car down to match the doors trunk and engine with the outside color.

I don’t know why the downtown businesses don’t do more. A good amount of them are Art themed shops so I think the fact it is automotive keeps them from jumping in. Which makes no sense. Art district, Art stores, Automobiles are a work of Art…..Oh well.

R&J’s, or Rays as everyone calls it was the bar down around the corner that was busy. It normally is busy like that during events for the town. Ray does a good business and is a great guy. We assumed, wrongly, they would try to park more cars down American Legion street, the street he is on which is why earlier in the day I parked my ’60, the Edsel and my brothers FFR Cobra there. I did spot your car there but was so busy getting the day cleaned up and coordinating getting all our vehicles back to storage I never got a chance to walk around and see any cars up close.

Car count was 44 total. I was told the 31 Ford, purple Charger and Roush Mustang won awards and the peoples choice went to Gene Brotzman’s Plymouth that was under the tent and he was selling books about it.

Luxuryliners
    Participant

I completely agree that automobiles are a work of art (particularly cars like that Edsel, love the look of those things). I ended up parking in the little lot off of American Legion St. because there was no where else to go by the time I rolled in late. 44 seems like a pretty good turnout for a show that isn’t really advertised that much, I was there last year and they don’t send flyers or ask for addresses on the registration forms to do so. Thanks for the insights into the show, and for the record painting the BMW silver seems like the sensible choice with the least hassle IMHO (but then again I’ve seen a pretty nice Orange paint jobs like this one
    [attachment=105]GEDC9366.JPG[/attachment]

Attachments:
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.