We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Mecum Auction – Kansas City – December 4-5

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Some examples of cars to be auctioned:

KC1209-87272_1.jpg

KC1209-87281_1.jpg

KC1209-87494_1.jpg

KC1209-89081_1.jpg

The auction will be televised on HDTheatre – channel 364 on Dish.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

That shade of red on the Pontiac GTO Judge is stunning!!!!

HD Theatre on Charter Cable is channel 706. I’m planning to watch most of this auction.

Marshall

Amigo2k

My DVR is set!

moparkid25
    Participant

Mecum always has some nice cars for sale, and not only that they have realistic sellers. Not everyone is in it to get rich :)

GTO Man

Some really good buys. Coronet Hemi clone for $45000. Roadrunner for $20000. Many cool cars in the 10-15k range. Prices won’t be going back up anytime soon.

moparkid25
    Participant

GTO Man wrote:

Quote:
    Some really good buys. Coronet Hemi clone for $45000. Roadrunner for $20000. Many cool cars in the 10-15k range. Prices won’t be going back up anytime soon.

This is a bonus, and good for anyone in the market to buy. Cash talks… :)

Amigo2k

here is a photo I took at Jesus Built my hot rod show:

[img]http://www.wiscollectorcar.com/photogallery/albums/userpics/10300/402/DSCN4902.JPG[/img]

The car sold last weekend at Mecum for $47500

GTO Man

I remember that car from a couple of shows this year. A beautiful car, I hope the owners were satisfied with the price they got. The auctions in January should prove very interesting.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Beautiful hot rod! That detailing is truly a work of art!

Anonymous
    Inactive

really excellent show

dupontregistry

Anonymous
    Inactive

The gentleman in the picture to the far right is Wade Root. Over the years, he has built and shown and then sold several very very nice street rods, starting with the yellow American Grafitti 32 Ford recreation several years back.

I’m not certain if this car was Wade’s latest street rod or not, but I do recognize the flames as having been done by the same painter that did the flames on Bruce and Kathy’s street rod as well as several other nice street rods.

Does anyone know if this car was built at Blue Chip Street Rods? They did build two previous street rods for him.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wade bought that car completed as is- The Fire was actually painted by Mike Lavalle, not Pete Driese. Pete has done all the bodywork and paint on all of Wade’s other award winning cars while working with Blue Chip. At most of the shows this summer when that car went head to head with Bruce and Kathy’s 34(which is now sold also), Petes paint job won more awards and got best of paint. Pete left Blue Chip and now has his own shop(which is rocking) south of portage on Hwy 51. Check out http://www.ridesbypeteandmike.com to see what he has been up to.

Anonymous
    Inactive

mframe4646,

Welcome to the forum!

I have always admired Pete’s work. I have seen his flames on several different cars. It would be difficult to tell Pete’s work apart from Mike’s work if you didn’t know exactly who the painter was. Their styles are very similiar.

I am pleased to hear that Pete’s new business is doing well.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.