We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Midwest Car & Bike Fest

• Creator
    Topic
    Amigo2k

I was putting together my company’s newsletter today and I was looking for some June Madison events and I stumbled upon this:

visitmadison.com
    Title Midwest Car & Bike Fest
    Sponsor Alliant Energy Center
    Location Willow Island at the Alliant Energy Center
    Madison, WI
    Web Site http://www.midwestcarandbikefest.com
    Time Friday, June 27, 2008 –
    Sunday, June 29, 2008
    All car enthusiasts are welcome to participate in the first annualMidwest Car & Bike Fest onWillow Island, June 27–29. A sister event to the popular DropFest event in Appleton,WI, theMidwest Car & Bike Fest aims to showcase between 700-1,000 customized cars and motorcycles that are sure to attract some attention. Considered an auto show, this event has tons to offer with national and local entertainment, vendors with everything from auto parts to accessories, a car audio competition by USACI,MC Battle and much more. Visit http://www.midwestcarandbikefest.com for event details.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Thanks for the info, this looks interesting! I tried the site but nothing comes up. I did a whois lookup and it looks like its owned by someone in Albuquerque NM:
    http://who.godaddy.com/WhoIs.aspx?domain=midwestcarandbikefest.com&prog_id=godaddy
    Do you think the domain is a different one?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Also,

I have information on the 1st annual Armory car show here in the Madison area being hosted by the Wisconsin Army National Guard. The date is Sunday, July 6th, 2008. If anyone would like to see the flyer, I can scan it later this week and attach it to a email. Or, is this one already on the forum calendar?

This is the first that I have heard of the show posted by Amigo2K.

Marshall

GTO Man

Marshall

That show isn’t on the calendar. If you send some info I will post it.

Nick

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    circletrack
    Participant

I have a feeling that *might* be the type of show held at Angell Park in Sun Prairie a few years back that didn’t go over too well due to some of the actions at the event, including a bikini contest that included no bikinis… Nothing wrong with that, if that’s what you’re in to, but not what I expect at a car show… w00t.gif

I’d like to learn more about it though, having events in our backyard is awesome! Just bring back being able to “cruise the Wash” without being threatened and life would be good! :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

GTO Man,

I scanned the flyer that I picked up at Jefferson and attached it to an email to you at your work address. Did you get it or was it filtered out because of the attachment? Do I need to send it again? Let me know as it looks like this show (1st Annual Armory Car Show) should be added to the calendar.

Marshall

GTO Man

Marshall

I received it and will put it on the calendar.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.