We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Modern Muscle Cars

• Creator
    Topic
    ss396
    Participant

what cars are considered Modern Muscle cars and what are not considered Modern Muscle cars? :woohoo:

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    circletrack
    Participant

This is what we are using..

Modern Muscle (82-present) (includes newer Mustang, Camaro, Charger, Challenger)

I would also include Vipers, GTO’s and the like

ss396
    Participant

what about corvette?

circletrack
    Participant

We consider those two seater cars…

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

I’d agree with your class so far. Mustangs, Camaros/Firebirds/Transams, Chargers, and Challengers would all fit. It could also include Monte Carlos and Grand Nationals in the grey area.

Corvettes definatly can have their own grouping.

moparkid25
    Participant

Eclipse_Tuner wrote:

Quote:
    I’d agree with your class so far. Mustangs, Camaros/Firebirds/Transams, Chargers, and Challengers would all fit. It could also include Monte Carlos and Grand Nationals in the grey area.

Corvettes definatly can have their own grouping.

I wouldn’t really consider the GM G-Body vehicles “modern muscle”. Sure they had big names like 442, SS, and Hurst on them, but all those v8 cars put out less than 200 hp stock. The intercooled GNs (86-87) were rated at 245 hp, but they were a 6cyl engine. Even though they can be quick, I still don’t consider them a ‘Modern Muscle’ car.

IMHO, the Modern Muscle class should be cars 1995-current model year. The mid-late 90s is when the American companies started pushing the hp back up, i.e. The LT1 (300hp), LS1 engines in the ’97 corvettes and 98-02 F body GM cars (325 & 345hp depending on application), The 4.6L 4V Cobra’s from Ford, etc. I would put the GM/Ford cars of the 80s and early 90s in either the stock or modified classes.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Vipers and Vettes are not muscle cars. They are sports cars or super cars. Two seats.

Mustangs, camaro, t/a, challengers, Gto = modern muscle cars.

And even srt-8 chargers, magnums, 300c. Even though they are 4 doors.

Any front wheel drive car is not a muscle car. Muscle cars are rwd v-8 American performance cars only by definition.

95 and up would be considered modern day.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

What about 90 and up? I still don’t think of early 90’s as classic. Is there a void between classic and modern (for a certain range of years)?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.