We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Most Frustrating Aspects of a Car Show

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

What do you find as the most annoying aspect of a car show, and why?

— Modified cars that are in stock classes. How many modifications are allowable?

— One car winning multiple awards.

— Music selection or DJ’s

— Type of judging. Participant, spectator, or concourse.

— Lack of organization (e.g. parking when you enter)

— Poor selection of food

Viewing 6 replies - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    lordairgtar
    Participant

jonmandude wrote:

Quote:
    I am with the majority here.

Classes should be more defined.
    Judging should be by qualified, unbiased persons…ONLY
    music sucks. I hate hearing that same old rehashed 50’s stuff. Variety is the key, something for everyone.
    One trophy per car works for me as well. Again something for everyone. Don’t send people home empty handed while one guy can’t find room for the trophies and his children too.

What I hate most? year restrictions. Can we get past the “only up to (insert model year here) crap?” This is a hobby that we enjoy, and there is a new generation of hobbyists that need to be included. I know many don’t understand, but why disclude someone for your ignorance. Include everyone.

I think you will find that changing. Show organizers (at least those not a specific kind of car club)are looking to increase attendance during the somewhat sketchy economy.

GTO Man

I would agree they should open up a show to all years. It’s a hobby and people of all ages should be welcome to bring the type of vehicle they like to a show. A good organizer will adjust the classes so all years and types are covered. Of course at smaller shows that would be harder to do. I wonder how many show organizers are having trouble getting local businesses to donate for a car show?

Anonymous
    Inactive

lordairguitar,

No blushing required. IMO, you do good work. I am “one of one” from this forum who attends/participates at this show (WEM’s Venus Ford annual Mustang/All Ford show in Cudahay). Your music selection is good, your audio presence is not overbearing, and you know how to blend with the show, blend with the cars arriving and getting prepped for judging, and advertising for the vendors. My compliments on a job well done,year after year.

P.S. Do you remember how cold it was either last year or the year before, when everyone “huddled” inside the showroom just to stay warm?

Marshall

moparkid25
    Participant

circletrack wrote:

Quote:
    But what if the club doesn’t bring 10 cars?? What if it’s only a couple Mustangs? :)

They’ll just have to unclip there mudflaps and suck it up then :whistle:

lordairgtar
    Participant

MMRJR wrote:

Quote:
    lordairguitar,

P.S. Do you remember how cold it was either last year or the year before, when everyone “huddled” inside the showroom just to stay warm?

Marshall

Yes, that was two years ago, and the last show I did for them. They changed to Rock n Roll Express with Donny Kasper, a very good friend of mine and a good DJ too. His dad is the well known auto upholsterer, Karl Kasper.

GTO Man

None of the shows are perfect.There is always one thing or another. But for the most part the organizers do a good job on a shoestring budget. Can you think of any shows that have made improvements over the years that have been noticeable.

Viewing 6 replies - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.