We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum The Lounge Movie Cars Needed!!

• Creator
    Topic
    circletrack
    Participant

Hi there, I received the following email today..

I’m looking for folks with 1972-’79 vehicles. I’d prefer sedans, four-doors and wagons, but, honestly, at this point, I’ll take just about anything that fits that era.

I’m happy to provide you with proof of my legitimacy, if you’d like. After Public Enemies, it’s been significantly easier to convince people I am who I say I am, but there’s nothing wrong with being cautious, and I’m certainly willing to give you references, copies of pay stubs, even a letter from the DOT, verifying I am who I say I am, and I do what I say I do.

All vehicles are fully insured. Depending on the car and the production, rentals are typically $100-$500 per day. Every production is a little different, depending on budget and need, of course.

I wish I could tell you more about the project, but all I can say at this point is that the male and female leads are A-list actors. Shooting is scheduled to begin in the end of September/early October.

I hope to hear from you,

Michael Keeney
    608-358-9709

I told Michael there aren’t that many cars left from that era, but it’s worth a try. If you know of anything, please contact him.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

I wonder if they were able to find the cars they needed? Considering the economy it could be a way to pick up some easy cash.

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

The movie project got pushed back till this coming spring.I have contacted Mike,he says i am on the “short list”.He is still looking for cars for this project and others that may be in the future.All you have to do is e-mail him some pics and description of your car.

Dave

GTO Man

Thanks for the information.

moparkid25
    Participant

A guy I work with has exactly what they are looking for for movie cars. He emailed and called a couple months ago and never even heard back :dry:

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

I got a responce ever time I e-mailed or called him.I did meet with him to show hm my car first hand.Here is a e-mail that he sent me about listing cars with him,

I always tell people it’s a little like buying a lottery ticket. They may sign up with me and never get a call for a production — or I might call them next week. You just never know. I’ve long since stopped trying to guess the “creative” types are going to want next. What I do know is that if I don’t know about them and have pictures I can give those decision-makers, there’s no chance I’m going to call them.

Thanks again!

~ Michael

moparkid25
    Participant

Well, when you’re casting cars for a movie, and want “every day automobiles”, a ’75 Buick Electra 225 is a good choice, especially when it has a factory equipped 455 c.i. under the hood.

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

Here is another part of an e-mail I recived from Mike reguarding this particular movie:

Yes, I’d be happy to get more ’70s. This production is looking to avoid red, black and white cars, as well as all muscle cars and I’d imagine convertibles. If possible. It’s not always possible, of course.

so for the most part they are looking for plain background cars that dont draw attenion.

Dave

circletrack
    Participant

and how many of those are around?

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

they are in the minority for sure! but I saw about a dozen cars that fit that description at fall Jefferson.I have also seen several at car shows this summer.

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

I was informed the movie will not be made, at least not at this time.I was looking forward to taking part in it. Here is the main reason why as told by Mike ;

” Back to stars being Attached to potential films: Hollywood’s a creative place with creative contracts. It’s fairly common for the star to get one fee to have their name associated with a film, another fee if the film is made with them in it, and still another fee if the film is made without them.

There are too many people attached to the project. They can’t afford to cast everyone attached, and they can’t afford to pay off those who wouldn’t be cast if they made the film.”

Kind of crazy how the film business works!

Mike is however looking for these cars right now, 1959-1962 plain-Jane four-doors. Ideally squad cars, if not, then bland, unmarked-esque ones.

Dave

circletrack
    Participant

I’ll keep my eyes open, sounds like a cool movie!

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

Yea it would of been cool to have my car in a movie, especialy with the “A list” actors that were going to be in it.Hopefully they will still make it someday.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.