We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Music for 2009 Car Shows

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

We received an email today from a group that does musical performances for many events, including car shows:

Quote:
    we have performed many period events and have
    great Dixieland, Ragtime, Big Band swing, Show Tunes and more. We are based in Madison and travel throungout this part of the Midwest. Check us
    out here! http://www.sandylaclair.com

This would certainly be an interesting twist from the usual DJing!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant

Ooh, I don’t know how well that would go over with a younger (and by younger I mean 16-40 year olds) crowd. I know its nothing that would interest me, but I like the kind of music that comes from performers who breathe fire, spit blood, bite the heads off of bats, etc. thumbsup.gif

I know that I’m not the only one who agree’s Dave Palmer needs to change the lineup at 3D sound…

lordairgtar
    Participant

As a DJ who specializes in doing car shows, I would have to say the scope of their genre is limited. I could see that at a strictly Classic Concourse, or perhaps a themed event. Your average car show attendees might not get into it. I have to say I do like those kinds of tunes. I would be very happy to be able to get away with playing stuff like that, but around here, I get the one guy who is so stuck in the fifties that he absolutely hates anything outside his comfort zone. He can’t even see the younger crowd with 60s, 70s, and 80s and 90s cars might not like 50s music. He will literally threaten to pull cables out of equipment. I played a country tune from the movie CARS (Life Is A Highway) and it upset him. As far as 3D Sound goes, the equipment and music is fine, just the DJs need to shut up unless making important announcements. Seeing as they are from Dixon Illinois, how is it that they get so far into Wisconsin? I mean, they’re everywhere.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.