We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows New FREE show and cruise-in

• Creator
    Topic
    jonmandude
    Participant

Hi y’all. I have news of a new show/cruise-in I have been working on for the last month. It is official and I can let people now know

We all say it would be nice to have a car show at the Alliant Energy Center that doesn’t cost a lot and has entertainment…right?

So here ya go.

How about great food? At good prices?
    How about 5 stages of music?
    How about stuff for kids to do?
    How about…..FREE?
    That’s right. No admission charge. No parking charge. No registration fee.

Memorial Day weekend is Brat Fest. Brat Fest is now trying to grow into more. I guess the goal is to provide free family entertainment and become Madison’s version of Summerfest…..only free

So..how does this have to do with a car show?
    Sunday, May 25. They have asked us at Kelly Moss to sponsor a car show. This is the first year for trying this so it should be a challenge.

This is what our brainstorming has come up with.
    The Brat Fest people (Metcalfe’s) have stated that it is to be free. (I like that)
    They have also asked for the hours to be from 10:00am-8:00pm.
    Space is pretty limited.

Fear not my friends. I have been with you and listen to your comments.

Here is what I have added.
    The show is going to be like Cars on State. By that I mean people can submit photos of their vehicles to be in the show. I am hoping to find 50-ish cars to show. These will be the cars eligible for the 3 trophies.
    1) Kelly Moss choice
    2) Metcalfe’s choice
    3) kids choice

I will do trophies around 4:00pm. It is still a long day, I know, but maybe it won’t seem so long with so much going on around.

But wait…if you don’t want to stay all day, don’t care about trophies, but you still want to come. Heck, it is Memorial Day weekend. You might just want to drive that day.
    It is also a cruise-in. You can stop in, park in the car show area with your classic/custom car and enjoy the day until you want to leave.
    The cruise-in hours are 10:00am-8:00pm.

The parking is right ion Willow Island, near the main stage. They have told me that I can have some overflow if needed too.

Please keep in mind that this is the first year and it will hopefully lead to more. My hope is that it is a success and we can have a Memorial Day car show here in Madison, at Willow Island that is fun for everyone and not ridiculously priced.

I will (hopefully) have links tomorrow for people to send in entries.

I think you can go on Brat Fest’s site to find more information

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

Sounds like a good time. Plenty to see and do.

Amigo2k

very cool! Now I just need to find a car!

moparkid25
    Participant

This may be do able for me, since I am usually at bratfest on that Sunday watching bands.

jonmandude
    Participant

Ok, It took our IT guy a bit to get it off and running (pesky races) but here it is. This link will get you to a sign up for the show

http://kellymoss.com/

Here is a link to all that is scheduled for that day

http://bratfest.com/family-fun-activities/activities-sunday-may-25/

Amigo2k

Is it the same as you listed above? 50 cars on willow island and another area in the parking lot for a cruise in?

jonmandude
    Participant

yep

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

I am one of the 50 selected and plan to be there till 4. My wife wants to bring her collector car and just stay a few hours. Where will the other cars park that are no a part of the 50?

jonmandude
    Participant

we will try to allow as many as we can. The space that is set aside for us is smallish, that is why we went with the 50. I have asked for more parking for people that cruise in to have separated parking too. I don’t think it will be an issue. The ones pre-registered will be judged and be the only ones that can receive trophies, but all are welcome.

I know for many Memorial Day weekend is spent with family or out cruising around, so that is why I suggested a show and a cruise-in. Those who want to show all day can be judged and those who simply want to stop in for a bit and then leave as they wish can do that as well. I hope it works out. It is something new.

BTW the trophies were created tonight by Jeff Stone and myself. They are truly unique and and hopefully will be well received. They kids choice is probably over $10K worth of race car parts. And each trophy has moving parts

Amigo2k

photo%202-u234.jpg

GTO Man

Beautiful weekend for the show.

jonmandude
    Participant

I cannot thank everyone who came out to this enough, I also cannot apologize enough for the conditions.. It is never good to have dust at a car show. I understand anyone who was upset and sympathize. I have 5 cars to wash this week.

Besides the dust. I think it was a successful day. It was a nice variety of very nice cars. A tremendous amount of foot traffic. Good food everywhere, live music, and it was free.

I spoke with Tim Metcalfe and he seemed very pleased and also apologized for the dust. With some planning next year can be much better…and in grass. It would be nice to see a good sized show at the Alliant Center again.

Thank you all

78cruisingwagon
    Participant

Jon dust is washed off the car and me! Had a Great time. Thanks for putting the show together.

Amigo2k

7615_10154134750070705_5185599788694687867_n.jpg

1610040_10154135091370705_6467002686777288662_n.jpg

10356032_10154135091425705_8155879161216345504_n.jpg

10401489_10154135092065705_1661894387340022728_n.jpg

10366157_10154135092330705_5422415392058570041_n.jpg

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.