We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions New Glarus Car Show

• Creator
    Topic
    GTO Man

Did anyone go to the New Glarus Car show?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    circletrack
    Participant

Nope, went to Illinois and came home with a 2003 Mustang GT!

Never owned a Ford before and never thought I would, but I was looking for a new car and decided this would fit the bill. I now understand why insurance is a bit steep and the tickets can be plenty! blob8.gif

Kinda cruddy day for a show?!

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Wow really!!! 😯 That’s quite the story!!! Do you have any pictures of it or are you going to take some? If so please upload them to the photo gallery, it would be great to see it!!! You can register for a photo gallery account (just use your same user info and stuff) here:
    http://www.wiscollectorcar.com/coppermine/cpg132/register.php

Anonymous
    Inactive

Same Here.

Got up and took a look around and my wife convinced me that the last thing that I should do (after being gone all week on business in St. Louis), was to drive off to a car show with a winter jacket on.

Who went? Any pictures??? How was the turn out???

While driving back from southern Illinois, I drove past an awesome classic car/collector car/muscle car consigment seller. Located in Staunton, Illinois, about an hour north of St. Louis, this seller had cars like ours (Fords, Chevys, Mopars, Trucks, Cruisers) by the dozens, if not hundreds, all in various stages of originality to totally restored. I was only able to take a cursory look, but I would have needed several days to check out the cars currently being consigned. I don’t know if they have a website, but, this is the largest collection of collector cars for sale that I have every seen,.

cirlcetrack – Congrats on the pony car. I am sure you will enjoy it. I was on the Kayser lot yesterday and saw a 2003 Centennial GT convertible (silver, with black leather) on their lot, with only about 19K in mileage. Unfortunately, the sticker price is $20K (I wasn’t aware that a Ford 110 Year Centennial GT package added that much to the value of a used car.

Marshall

circletrack
    Participant

Marshall ~ I know exactly the dealership you’re talking about, it’s called Country Classic Cars. We’ve driven by also and even stopped once but they weren’t open and the place was under tight security, including dogs. Their website is http://www.countryclassiccars.com. They have quite the selection!

I think we’ll enjoy the Mustang, the salesperson told us Mustangs are one of the few cars that hold their value very well. We can drive this car for a few years and still get good money out of it. My friends are going to give me CRAP for buying a Ford, but I looked high and low for a GM product and nothing stood out like this Mustang…. Winter driving won’t be fun, but we have other cars that will serve that purpose. Anyone heard how the winter is supposed to be? What does the Farmers Almanac say?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Circletrack – You are absolutely right!!!! What a selection. I have just spent the last 30 minutes or so looking at their inventory, and I feel like I have died and gone to heaven!!!!!!

If you were ever uncertain about what you really want in the way of a cruiser, or a collector car, or whatever, this would be the place to go for one stop shopping. If you couldn’t find just the right car at this place, you never would.

Marshall

GTO Man

Circletrack, sounds like a nice car. I have always liked those, cool looking cars with alot of power.

I doubt there was much of a turnout for New Glarus, cool and cloudy. Today would of been a much better day.

Marshall, I will have to check out that dealer. I emailed the owner of Spring Green Motors because I added them to our list of links on this site. He said he is basically a one man operation, a Mustang fanatic. I noticed he has sold some cars already.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow, what can I say???? Isn’t networking a wonderful thing! I kind of suspected that he had a special place in his heart for Mustangs, and it appeared to me that his prices were “reasonable”. I hope he does well, as we certainly need a car lot that specializes in muscle cars, collector cars, and cruisers. If nothing else, it gives us an excuse to cruise out to his lot and take a look around and do some day dreaming.

Marshall

Anonymous
    Inactive

GTO Man,

Take a look at the website that circletrack provided for us. I am still looking at cars that he has listed. It’s almost enough to make me want to jump ship, and buy another project and really fill the garage to capacity.

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Wow! 😯 What a great site, the Classic Cars page just seems to go on forever, I could spend hours just browsing pictures! icon_headbang.gif

This is just one of the many many pics they have:
    [img]http://www.countryclassiccars.com./Pics/3341_1.jpg[/img]

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.