We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions New Website – Worthy Of Checking Out

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I picked up a business card for the guy selling the two Shelby’s at Jefferson. It looks like he is buying/selling classic and muscle cars, and is located in Spring Green. Here is a website:

http://www.springgreenmotors.com

He does have a MOPAR listed, but this is not my area of interest. I can tell you that the prices are reasonable on his mustangs. He does have a 66 convertible (driver quality) that is priced right.

Marshall

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

I will check it out. It is nice to see a dealer in Southern Wisconsin. He has a nice website.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Looks like a nice site, I see he uses a CMS. Do you think we should ask him to reciprical link back here? That would be great for both of us, it would be nice to add another local link to the links page

GTO Man

Good idea, though he doesn’t have any other links listed.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Hm… I can contact him and see. He can probably add a page pretty easy if he wants to. That would give both of us some good cross-traffic.

circletrack
    Participant

Prices seem a bit high?! dontknow.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Yeah a bit

Anonymous
    Inactive

Actually, I would disagree, at least on the Shelby’s. If they do check out, I would submit that both are bargains. Also, that 66 convertible (driver quality, 20 footer) is also priced right. However, I would agree that the fastback project car is way overpriced. I have been back a couple of times to look at that 66 convertible. Barrett Jackson auctions have driven up the sale price of Shelby’s the past couple of years, whereas 65K is bargain basement/entry level money for a shelby mustang, especially a 67 or 68. I can’t comment on the MOPAR price, I simply don’t know about these cars.

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Actually, I would disagree, at least on the Shelby’s. If they do check out, I would submit that both are bargains. Also, that 66 convertible (driver quality, 20 footer) is also priced right. However, I would agree that the fastback project car is way overpriced. I have been back a couple of times to look at that 66 convertible. Barrett Jackson auctions have driven up the sale price of Shelby’s the past couple of years, whereas 65K is bargain basement/entry level money for a shelby mustang, especially a 67 or 68. I can’t comment on the MOPAR price, I simply don’t know about these cars.

Marshall

Barrett-Jackson is a lot of fun to watch, do you try to catch it each year?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Absolutely,
    I have been telling my wife for several years that “next year” I won’t be watching it on TV, I will be there in person. But, that hasn’t happened yet. I believe that alot of folks watch this show, and it does seem to set the tone for prices on top notch #1 cars for the following year. And then the #2 and #3 car prices seem to follow.

Just as soon as I buy that winning lottery ticket, I am going to book my travel plans to Scottsdale for the next Barrett Jackson. jumpy.gif

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Absolutely,
    I have been telling my wife for several years that “next year” I won’t be watching it on TV, I will be there in person. But, that hasn’t happened yet. I believe that alot of folks watch this show, and it does seem to set the tone for prices on top notch #1 cars for the following year. And then the #2 and #3 car prices seem to follow.

Just as soon as I buy that winning lottery ticket, I am going to book my travel plans to Scottsdale for the next Barrett Jackson. jumpy.gif

Marshall

Its really a lot of fun to watch! Speed channel seems to cover more and more of it each year, which is great. There are a lot of really great cars there!

GTO Man
    Quote:

Marshall

The Mopar with a 383 4 speed seems like a good price, if for nothing else the fun factor. I am going to take a ride out there in the next couple of weeks to get a closer look at the cars.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    the fun factor

Definitely an important part of any vehicle! icon_punk.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nick,
    Let me know what you thing of the operation and if it is worthy of your time and effort to get out there. The past couple of years, several business people have started classic car and muscle car businesses, but they just didn’t take off or last very long. The guy in Waunakee comes to mind – He didn’t stay in business a full year if I remember correctly. I would love to see someone make a business like this successful.

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I would definitely like to see that happen! Either Nick or I will add his site to the “Southern Wisconsin” part of our links page. Also I’ve added him to the links page of my other site, http://www.madtownservices.com . Here’s his link:
    http://www.madtownservices.com/component/option,com_weblinks/catid,15/Itemid,23/

Here’s the index page of Madtown Services too:
    http://www.madtownservices.com

I could add his site to the menu on the left, but I would have to contact him about that

GTO Man

Marshall
    There was one called Can’t Drive 55 near Russell Marina in Westport. He was there for about a year also. Its a hard business to make a go of it, especially in a climate where you are lucky to use them 6 months of the year. Was the one in Waunakee called Waunakee Motors? I stopped there a couple of times to see what they had. There are a couple of dealers around Milwaukee who have been in business a while. Valenti Classics is one and there is a newer one called Colin’s Classic Automobiles. The websites are
    http://www.valenticlassics.com and http://www.ColinsClassicAuto.com

Nick

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.