Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Next Project

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

What is your next auto project? Is it a new car you want to buy and restore, one you’ve got your eye on that is already restored, or something you’re doing with your current car? (Also could be your bike!)

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a 4.6L block in the garage that will undertake a rebuild. The plan is to bore and stroke, outfit it with forged internals so it can be prepped for the supercharger. The goal is to have the motor alone produce 400 horsepower with the supercharger and intercooler increasing the output by an extra 100-150 horses.

I’m pretty ambitious. icon_cheesygrin.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Yeah that is a pretty ambitious project!! icon_cheesygrin.gif

Good luck, you’ll have to post some pics of it and keep us up-to-date on the progress! thumbsup.gif

hpdog259962
    Participant

Bodywork on my Hornet.

GTO Man

Hopefully will be working on a ’49 Studebaker. Currently it is apart but is ready to be re-assembled. It will actually be Garibaldi’s car. It is a sharp looking car with alot of character.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mine is let’s say… a little bit too “modern” to be in this topic, but here I go : I am going to get myself a car in the next few months as my new job requires one.
    For the moment, before having a collectible one, I am thinking about a BMW serie 1, as it reminds me a little shooting brakes from the 60’s and 70’s from Volvo and Aston Martin which I cannot offord for the latest. icon_wink.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Hopefully will be working on a ’49 Studebaker. Currently it is apart but is ready to be re-assembled. It will actually be Garibaldi’s car. It is a sharp looking car with alot of character.

Yep if everything goes well hopefully we’ll be able to sink our proverbial (oh I feel so sophisticated! icon_cheesygrin.gif ) teeth into the Studebaker. Actually it has all the new parts (hopefully) it just needs to be assembled and then painted. icon_cheesygrin.gif

Quote:
    Mine is let’s say… a little bit too “modern” to be in this topic, but here I go : I am going to get myself a car in the next few months as my new job requires one.
    For the moment, before having a collectible one, I am thinking about a BMW serie 1, as it reminds me a little shooting brakes from the 60’s and 70’s from Volvo and Aston Martin which I cannot offord for the latest.

Well that’s cool… always fun traveling for work!

montefrazer
    Participant

Working on my 48 Frazer’s engine now.

GTO Man

What engine did the ’48 Frazer have?

montefrazer
    Participant

226 CI flat head 6. Kaiser modified version of a Continental engine.

GTO Man

My next immediate project will be to reinstall the dash cluster and guages into our ’69 GTX. It could prove interesting. I am sure it won’t be easy.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

The Studebaker investigation has been put off until March, which will hopefully bring warmer weather along with a less busy schedule so I can finally take a look at it

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.