We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Nissan Altima or VW Passat???????

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I am hanging out with my son while he buys his “first” real car, on his terms and with his own money. He is looking at a 2003 Nissan Altima, 2.5S, at Kayser Sauk Prairie with about 34K miles on it, and he is looking at 2002/2003 VW Passats at Zimbrick in Middleton.

Does anyone have any experience with either of these cars? Has anyone ever done business with Zimbrick VW/Acura in Middleton or the Kayser dealership (Chrysler) in Sauk Prairie?

Merry Christmas,
    Marshall

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

I know of a couple of people who have bought cars and had them serviced at the Zimbrick dealership. I haven’t heard anything negative about their dealings.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Nick for the info and Merry Christmas!

Kayser is giving away a $1,000 Mobil gas card with the purchase of every used vehicle at their Chrysler dealership in Sauk Prairie, so if the Nissan Altima is still available on Monday, my son will be buying it instead of a VW Passat. Thanks for your input,
    Marshall

circletrack
    Participant

Wow, that would seal the deal for me too! jumpy.gif

GTO Man

You can’t beat that, it would pay for gas for at least a year.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Yeah that’s definitely a nice incentive considering the cost of gas nowadays

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, this is how the deal ended up working out.

My son ended up buying a 2003 VW Jetta, with the 1.8L Turbo motor and Sports Package. Don’t ask me why, its just a “personal preference” on his part to drive a smaller car with a turbocharged motor. I would have gone for the 1K gas card, but maybe, just maybe, there is a future car guy following in my footsteps who appreciates performance over other enticements.

Marshall

GTO Man

Sounds like he bought a nice car. Jetta’s are a sporty car and I am sure the mileage is quite good also.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Sounds like a good purchase Marshall!! icon_headbang.gif

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.