We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions OK, I’m really outraged now…..

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Am I the only citizen of Madison/Dane County/State of Wisconsin who is outraged and livid about Governor Thompson’s new Hospital Tax initiative.

Essentially, the way it would work is hospitals would pay increased and additional taxes to the state of Wisconsin and then file for reimbursement from the Federal government. Wisconsin would use the revenue to cover large deficits in the budget.

When will our elected officials realize that if they were to eliminate unnecessary and irresponsible spending, we wouldn’t need this additional revenue to make up a deficit. There wouldn’t be a deficit if spending was within anticipated revenues.

This certainly smells like just another example of tax and spend.

Marshall

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

I agree, I have heard about it and it is just another example of creating a tax so they don’t have to spend responsibility. Our government is out of control, they need to be put back into their place.

jonmandude
    Participant
    Quote:
    When will our elected officials realize that if they were to eliminate unnecessary and irresponsible spending, we wouldn’t need this additional revenue to make up a deficit.

They won’t because they, themselves, are unnecessary and irresponsible.

Eclipse_Tuner
    Participant

its a classic example of “robbing peter to pay paul” and the scary thing is that the reimburrsement is not guranteed either…so the state could spend and spend and spend, and then end up with a big bill.

the other thing that pisses me off about it is that the hospitals will then have to increase their rates to cover the rise. so in other words, we end up paying for the state’s revenue problem.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You’re absolutely right! The hospitals will simply increase their fees from top to bottom to cover the additional taxes. This puts the additional tax burden on the back of the patients who use that hospital. Those of us who are sick or use hospital services or are hospitalized are the least likely to be able to afford these additional fees (tax increases).

lordairgtar
    Participant
    Quote:
    Am I the only citizen of Madison/Dane County/State of Wisconsin who is outraged and livid about Governor Thompson’s new Hospital Tax initiative.

Marshall

Uh, hate to tell ya, Thompson hasn’t been governor since Bush got elected. Our current goober is named Doyle.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Welcome to the forum! Tell us about yourself. Are you interested in vintage, collectible, antique, or sports cars?

Sorry for the forgetfulness on my part. Jim Doyle was actually my “big boss” for about eight years, while he was the AG. Obviously, I intended to associate him with the outrageous hospital tax, and not Tommy Thompson. Where do you stand on this issue?

Marshall

lordairgtar
    Participant

I like all cars. I have a 2007 HHR and a 1983 Mercury Marquis wagon. I belong to the Wisconsin Street Rod Association and I also DJ car shows plus I draw cars at shows when I am not DJing. can’t wait for the weather to warm up.

I don’t care for Doyle. He never met a tax or fee he didn’t like. The hospital tax is another scheme to get into our pockets. I can’t figure out why this idiot got voted in the second time.

RivFan
    Participant
    Quote:
    I can’t figure out why this idiot got voted in the second time.

Due to the overabundance of granola eating, Birkenstock wearing, tree huggers that vote in this state – particularly from the Madison area…

moparkid25
    Participant
    Quote:
    Due to the overabundance of granola eating, Birkenstock wearing, tree huggers that vote in this state – particularly from the Madison area

Exactly!!!

icon_headbang.gif

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.