We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Corral & Swap Meet Old traffic lights

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I am looking for an old,4 way traffic light. I cant find any pictures,but I want one that is solid(no space between directions).Probably from the 30’s or 40’s.Please advise.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man
    Quote:
    I am looking for an old,4 way traffic light. I cant find any pictures,but I want one that is solid(no space between directions).Probably from the 30’s or 40’s.Please advise.

I will be going to a large swap meet this weekend, if I see something like that I will pick up the info for you and post it.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:

I’ll be going to Jefferson with GTO Man so I’ll keep an eye out for one too. There will be more meets later this summer like Iola in July, hopefully we’ll be able to find one. This might sound kind of obvious but have you checked ebay?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ebay,yes. I did last week. Drogar-Cry(LBG).gif

hpdog259962
    Participant

Hey, I never though of asking about that. Also searchin for street “stuff.”

Quote:
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Hey, I never though of asking about that. Also searchin for street “stuff.”

Quote:

What like old traffic signs and stuff?

hpdog259962
    Participant

Yup.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I did see several at Jefferson, even an old four way one. blob1.gif

hpdog259962
    Participant

Hope he shows to Grayslake. wave.gif sunny.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    I did see several at Jefferson, even an old four way one. blob1.gif

If anyone has the time, please jot down some info for me if you see these at meets. Here is some more info. The ones I would like are Crouse-Hinds 4-Way Signal or Eagle 4 way. Here are some pics.

Thanks,
    G

[img]http://home.nycap.rr.com/bortie/DSCF0001.JPG[/img]
    newchanimation-00.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Yep, I saw one like that, except that it was a dark green. I looked around for the guy that owned that vendor spot to see if I could get a phone number or something for you but he was nowhere to be seen.. icon_sad.gif I’ll keep my eyes open though for you. BTW what are you thinking of using them for?

hpdog259962
    Participant

Will do, I work at Grayslake so I get to see stuff early. Hope to find something, Dr. Gee.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Will do, I work at Grayslake so I get to see stuff early. Hope to find something, Dr. Gee.

How’s Grayslake compare in size to Jefferson?

hpdog259962
    Participant

Grayslake is maybe 1/2 size to Jefferson Normally, If we get a lot of people, it can get pretty big. Grayslake is also only a 1-day show (Sunday).

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Grayslake is maybe 1/2 size to Jefferson Normally, If we get a lot of people, it can get pretty big. Grayslake is also only a 1-day show (Sunday).

Well having it only 1 day makes a difference too, draws a higher concentration of people because its only 1 day. Sounds fun! thumbsup.gif

montefrazer
    Participant

I like going there. It’s about an hour drive and I get to see parts that come from people that don’t go to Wisconsin. Nice way to spend a morning.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.