We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows OverHaulin’ is coming back …

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Amigo2k wrote:
    The TV show will start to film more episodes of overhaulin’ this year ….

This is certainly good news. I love this show, although Chip Foose goes way too far with his restorations.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Between overhaulin, pimp my ride, and a few others.I would be interested in what some of these cars look like after a few years, if they care for and beat on them the same way they did before they were done.

jonmandude
    Participant

I really enjoyed overhaulin. I was told that it was cancelled after Chip Foose signed an agreement to develop the Foose F150 and Mustang editions for Ford. I was told that agreement required that Foose only be attached to Ford for a period of time.

As for Pimp My Ride. The did an episode where they revisited past rides to see how they looked. Some were never driven again (I remember one on blocks so the rims wouldn’t be stolen). I also remember one being beat up pretty bad. If memory serves me correctly, the guy that trashed his PMR “gift” was such a poor driver that he wrecked the loaner they gave him within a few short hours.

Amigo2k

394378_458653537502934_783320061_n.jpg

circletrack
    Participant

This is only available on the Velocity channel, correct?

Amigo2k

That is correct ….

circletrack
    Participant
    circletrack wrote:
    This is only available on the Velocity channel, correct?

Whew!! :)

Amigo2k

So the 1st new show was on last night. Now instead of stealing the car they buy the car from the person (without them knowing it is for the show). And then fix it up and present it back to them.

I think the 7 day thing is not happening any more.

In the 1st episode they fix up a 1965 Impala. Did you know that the 1965 Impala still holds the record for most cars sold in 1 year at a little over 1 million?

Chip’s son was also on the show helping out to give the, lets get the younger generation involved in the hobby vibe.

Also after they presented the car back, the owner takes the car out with Chip for a drive (you never saw the cars moving under their own power in the old shows).

269072_526432287371604_1278103818_n.jpg

Xman
    Participant

Dang it, I forgot to DVR that.. :silly:

jonmandude
    Participant
    Amigo2k wrote:
    I think the 7 day thing is not happening any more.

There is a story on the LX (Modern Mopar) Forum about the supercharged Magnum they did in one episode. I think the episode was titled “Fiery Brit”

I guess the car didn’t run much after that show and has been in the shop more than not due to the ECU not being tuned to the supercharger. The story on the forum says that, by supercharging it, many of the sensors and engine management system started to go bad. I guess the 7 day schedule didn’t allow for tuning or troubleshooting to correct any issues that arose.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.