We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Pardeeville

• Creator
    Topic
    circletrack
    Participant

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – Very well marked, easy to get to.
    Parking Location – You could park just about anywhere you wanted be it grass, asphalt or under shade trees!
    Class Organization – None, which is very difficult at shows like this, but there is no way they can class the cars.
    Trophies & Prizes – The trophies were very nice, they’ve come a long way in 5 years! Many door prizes throughout the day, I didn’t see what they were though.
    Food – Your typical with corn on the cob and homemade pies!! :)
    Entertainment – The DJ from 3D Sound, which I like but the more I listened the more he repeated himself?! Where we were parked there was quite an echo, I don’t know if the entire park was like that. I’m sure they will work on that in the future. A great variety of music ~ today he played the “Macarena” which I usually never hear anymore unless it’s at a wedding reception filled with drunks! ;)
    Judging – I was a judge today, and thought they did a nice job, especially given there were over 400 cars! I did make a couple suggestions to make things easier on the judges and know they appreciate any and all advice they get. Having the cars all over the park was difficult even though most marked down where they parked. I had a couple that didn’t, which led to a wild goose chase and others that moved, which wasn’t good either.
    Dash Plaque – A really nice, colorful one!
    Variety of Cars – Excellent!!! So many I’ve never seen before!
    Bathrooms – Portables, it had to be 200 degrees in them, but they worked.
    Weather – Excellent!!!
    Trophy Presentation Timing – They ran a bit late, but kept it moving once they got started. Everyone was out at a reasonable time.
    Entry Fee – $10, which is typical and expected
    Overall Rating: A-

This is an excellent show that continues to grow every year! Jim & Vicki work very hard to make this a success and it shows. I would like to see some of the classes broken down a bit as they cover at least 50 years in some cases and it’s very difficult for owners of something from the 1950’s compete with something from the 80’s and 90’s….

Otherwise, it was a perfect day with so many cars to look at and friends to chat with. I look forward to this show every year!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – A, but I’m an avid visitor to Pardeeville….
    Parking Location – A, there’s more than enough shade at this show unless you park on the football field.
    Class Organization – There is none, you park where you see fit. Not really a problem unless your a judge.
    Trophies & Prizes – A, very nice trophies this year!
    Food – C, it’s that time of year where I start to get sick of burgers, brats, etc. However, the apple pie I had was delicious!
    Entertainment – 3D Sound, thank your god of choice it wasn’t the annoying lady!
    Judging – I was a judge at this show, and I have to say it sucked. I spent almost 4 hours judging one class. By the end I was very irritated, and had enough. Classes need to be broked up a bit more, I spoke with Marshall about this and he agreed. They should have a class for muscle cars, camaros, mustangs, and break up the modified classes with a slightly modified and a highly modified class.
    Dash Plaque – Didn’t see any
    Variety of Cars – A, many I’ve never seen before.
    Bathrooms – There was a local park pisser and various plastic potties throughout the park.
    Weather – A, couldn’t ask for a better day….not sure what I was thinkin’ wearing a black t-shirt though dontknow.gif
    Trophy Presentation Timing – On time and kept things moving.
    Entry Fee – $10 I believe, didn’t take car this year.
    Overall Rating:A

This is a great show that continues to grow each year! I think there are some more classes that need to be added, and for the judges sake it would be nice to have all cars grouped together in class. Congratulations to all our Forum winners today – MMRJR, DDhemi, and anyone else that was deserving of an award! It was a great day for a car show thumbsup.gif

Xman
    Participant

Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:04 pm
    Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – A+
    Parking Location – A+ Plenty of shade.
    Class Organization – Didn’t appear to be any, but thats ok I have no class.
    Trophies & Prizes – A Nice trophies.
    Food – B Brats were great.
    Entertainment – C 3D Sound, I am sick of hearing “haha well lookie there”
    Judging – B-C I don’t know I only saw one judge actually looking at a car.
    Dash Plaque – B Kinda big for your dash.
    Variety of Cars – A lots of nice cars.
    Bathrooms – A plenty of them.
    Weather – A+
    Trophy Presentation Timing – Appeared to be on time.
    Entry Fee – $10 not bad.
    Overall Rating:A

I’m sure there were plenty of judges working I just never saw any where I was. It was a very nice show.. jumpy.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – A
    Parking Location – B If you are like and leave befor awards it was hard to get out. Had to park almost in the lake. anothe 2 inches I’d been in for a swim
    Class Organization – B Nothing parked together
    Trophies & Prizes – n/a
    Food – B Normal fair.
    Entertainment – A- Glad that chick was not there but DJ likes to hear his own voice.
    Judging – n/a
    Dash Plaque – A even gave them out for show only cars Better than Blanchardville
    Variety of Cars – A+
    Bathrooms – A plenty
    Weather – A+++ Perfect
    Trophy Presentation Timing – N/A
    Entry Fee -A+ 5 bucks for show only wish more shows offerd this choice.
    Overall Rating:put overall rating here Great show would recomend to anyone. It’s gotten huge. All the workers are so friendly and I did not see to much attitude from car owners. Very laid back.

GTO Man

Specific Ratings (A-F):
    Arrival/Departure (easy to find, easy to leave?) – Easy to find, well marked.
    Parking Location – B+ Many choices, some better than others
    Class Organization – NA
    Trophies & Prizes – Nice trophies
    Food – B Normal food
    Entertainment – C The dj should play music not talk.
    Judging – Must of been tough with the number of cars
    Dash Plaque – A Nice and colorful
    Variety of Cars – A Many nice cars
    Bathrooms – B
    Weather – A Perfect day.
    Trophy Presentation Timing – B
    Entry Fee – $5 Not any cheaper, great value.
    Overall Rating:A-

It was an enjoyable day, very relaxing sitting by the lake.

Anonymous
    Inactive

One of the “tips” that I have learned about the Pardeeville is that you must get there early in order to get a good parking spot! I arrived about 7:25 and I was car number 53. Officially, registration did not open or begin until 8:00 AM.

Thanks to Circletrack, Moparkid25, and DDHemi for volunteering to help at this show with the Judging. There are many of us who do appreciate your willingness to get involved with this show and others.

Marshall

circletrack
    Participant

Marshall ~ I would agree with you on that one, I got there around 8:15 and was #129!

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Sounds like a great show as it is every year! Here are some photos on their site, did anyone get any at this year’s show?
    http://pardeevillecarshow.com/carshow.cfm

moparkid25
    Participant

I sent an email to the coordinator’s of this show in hopes to get some changes made for years to come.

Not sure if I’m :horse: or going to make a difference, only time will tell.

lordairgtar
    Participant

Much is said about DJs liking to hear themselves and being annoying. However, sometimes the venue requires the jock to say things to push raffles and advertise certain vendors and announce when things like awards are happening. I do agree that certain annoying traits have to go like the haha hey lookie there and when introducing a song, saying things like Let’s check out that little duece coupe, or checking out the Troggs. Just say the songs name with out the checkin’ out thingie. As a car show DJ myself, I try not to do that. I do announce my Name throughout the day, however.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.