We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum The Drag Strip Pardeeville Community Car Show 2013

• Creator
    Topic
    Amigo2k

[attachment=288]Pardeeville2013.pdf[/attachment]
    Attached is the Pardeeville car show 2013 flyer:

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

Looks like it is still a judged show and that 3d Sound is no longer providing the music.

Bigbluetruck
    Participant

I see that from 1991 to present they are still putting cars and trucks in the same class. I think that that these 2 classes have enough entrants to allow them to have there own separate class.Maybe change some of the year classes or combine some of the more obsolete classes to make room for the newer cars and trucks which are growing in popularity with the newer generation of car show people.How fair is it for me to put my highly modified truck in a class that includes vehicles that are pretty much stock. Then you have judges who prefer a certain brand of vehicle and judge there class according to their own tastes and not on the merit of the vehicles in that particular class. Its seems that with this show nothing has changed and I see it possibly suffering in the years to come, they cater to the old school car people but really do nothing for the up and coming crowd who are showing newer vehicles.

circletrack
    Participant
    Bigbluetruck wrote:
    I see that from 1991 to present they are still putting cars and trucks in the same class. I think that that these 2 classes have enough entrants to allow them to have there own separate class.Maybe change some of the year classes or combine some of the more obsolete classes to make room for the newer cars and trucks which are growing in popularity with the newer generation of car show people.How fair is it for me to put my highly modified truck in a class that includes vehicles that are pretty much stock. Then you have judges who prefer a certain brand of vehicle and judge there class according to their own tastes and not on the merit of the vehicles in that particular class. Its seems that with this show nothing has changed and I see it possibly suffering in the years to come, they cater to the old school car people but really do nothing for the up and coming crowd who are showing newer vehicles.

You have no idea how much thought and work is put into this show. A show this big will never make everyone happy, but they work hard at trying. It’s very unfair to pick on judges at any show, unless you’ve done it and realize how hard it is – you give up your entire day to VOLUNTEER to help someone else, and rarely get any thanks for it, more than likely just the opposite. I don’t like to discourage anyone from attending shows, but maybe it’s best you skip this one and find another show that suits your needs better?

jonmandude
    Participant

This is one of the nicest locations and a really nice show.

Why bitch and moan about judging? (yes, I am being hypocritical, I moaned last year) They offer a lower rate “show, not judged” entrance. Go to the show, enter, enjoy, leave when you want, save the drama and don’t worry about the trophy.

It is their show and they invite you to attend. If you don’t agree with how it is handled…don’t go.

Or put on your own show, vote for yourself, give yourself a trophy and listen to others bitch about you

Bigbluetruck
    Participant

Nobody`s bitching, just stating fact. Talked to a couple of guys who used to judge at this show and they admitted to favoring there brand of vehicle and gave the votes to these cars whether it was deserving or not.Don`t plan on attending this show, and for johnmandude and circltrack to critizice me, I`ve seen on this site where you bitch and complain just like every one else if things don`t go your way. I`ve always said I have no problem with a show if things are on the up and up and based on all the complaints this show receives every year I say this show is far from being on the up and up. I`m entitled to my opinion and if any of you so called experts on car shows don`t like it then I guess you are the ones with the problem. After all the years they have been putting on this show they should be able to make every one happy or at least comfortable about attending with out having to worry about possibly getting screwed over.

Bigbluetruck
    Participant

Circletrack,your show is not much better. As I recall, at your show last year,cars entered the wrong classes and nothing was done about it. At the last minute you even created a new class for a certain group of british car owners.You have bitched about and critiziced the Edgerton Tobacco Days show. You bitched about where you were parked at the Spring Green show, you of all people should know enough to get to these shows early to get the prime parking spots. I entered 24 shows last year and walked away with an award in 21 out of the 24 I entered.I must be doing something right.Can any of you claim the same.

circletrack
    Participant

Thank you for your observations… as for the Road Apples show, the British class has been part of our show for years, it was not added at the last minute, we encourage everyone to be in the right class and even tell people they are in the wrong class (there really are people out there that don’t know they are in wrong class), we won’t be doing that this year… everyone gets judged in the class they choose to be in. I have not attended the Edgerton show for the last couple years and have been perfectly happy with Spring Green… I attend shows to be with friends and family, and have always said it’s a bonus to walk away with an award that ultimately collects dust, everyone should remember that.

Bigbluetruck
    Participant

So what you are saying is that it is ok to jump classes to better your chances of winning.If I go to your show with my truck your saying I can put it in a non truck class if I feel my chances of winning a cheap award is better in lets say a class with only one or two entrants?You say you were ok with spring green yet you had a problem with being parked behind the buildings in a place with less foot traffic and less likely to be seen and picked by the other car owners,at least that’s what you were complaining about in your posts about last years show.

Amigo2k

Just a quick reminder of the rules everyone agreed to when they signed up for this forum:

Wisconsin Collector Car welcomes everyone to post on the forum. The forum is a place for everyone to discuss and debate topics and share information and love of the hobby. A few rules apply to each post made on the forum:

Respect the viewpoints of others

Offer constructive criticism, not destructive or hurtful criticism

No flaming. Personal attacks will not be tolerated

No personal attacks on others’ vehicles. Everyone works hard on their cars

Please follow these rules to make the Wisconsin Collector Car Forum a fun, lively place where everyone feels comfortable and welcome. Remember that different people view the Internet differently. Some see it as a completely anonymous place where they post whatever they want. Others see it as a personal extension of themselves. For this reason, please treat every post you make as something that would be said face-to-face to others.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Pardeeville Community Car Show 2013’ is closed to new replies.