We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Pardeeville Dj Change

• Creator
    Topic
    Blue55Chevy
    Participant

I was just going over the Pardeeville show flier and noticed that they were going with Sizzlin Sonny’s Rockin Road Show for a DJ this year.

Having run into this DJ again this past weekend at a show, I am seriously considering not going to Pardeeville. I don’t think I can handle the 50’s waltzes and western music let alone another hula-hoop and trivia contest. The newest thing he plays late into his show is Purple People Eater and some early 60’s. See Central Wisconsin Auto Collectors rate the show. Like somebody said, ” the DJ show was terrible. And the kids games and hula hoop contests? Maybe start DJ’ing kids parties for this – but just play music please, the show is the cars and trucks not you.

It has always amazed me how car people are the entertainment at the show, are paid nothing for coming, and in many cases are given little consideration on there request and comments. When I spend $75 in gas, $10 in entry fee, & $3-4 for a inferior sandwich, I have to draw the line when having to be subjected to hours of DJ torture. I refuse to wear ear plugs.

Evidently, some of the show promoters and DJ’s don’t read comments on this site. I sure hope cutting corners doesn’t effect the outcome of the Pardeeville show. Fox Lake took a hit this year and I’m not so sure it was only the weather. I can remember driving over an hour to this show in the pouring rain to get there and they still pulled over 500 cars. This was back when Tony was majorly involved. I haven’t gone in 3 years.

Like I said before, I’m going on sixty and was born to rock. But I would rather have no music than the noise pollution that this guy plays.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Amigo2k

I wonder if they have enough speakers to cover the area?

Jam
    Participant

I couldn’t agree more with Blue55Chevy’s assessment of this DJ. I first noticed him at the 32nd annual Oshkosh show several weeks ago and then was sickened by his crap again last weekend in Sheboygan Falls at the Dream Cruisers Show.

His brand of music swings wildly between overly patriotic, cutsy fartsy, religious and mostly country music with a very few old car songs scattered around. My favorite song of the day was Feliz Navidad….. Are kidding me? Christmas songs in July.
    Don’t get me wrong, I am as patriotic as the next guy…..but playing Taps at a car show just does not feel appropriate to me. I want to show appreciation to the Veterans too, but maybe something a bit less emotional for anyone who has lost a family member who was a Veteran. A moment of silence for the Vets would have been a welcome relief.
    His whole schtick is just too schmaltzy for the majority of normal car owners who just want to sit and reminisce about the good old days while appreciating some great old cars….and I can’t even imagine what the younger guys think of his drivel if they bitch about the good classic rock that most car shows provide. And the highlight of the day in his own mind is the sound of his own voice….so you actually start to crave more of his music. Pretty difficult choice.
    Some of the kids games are ok, but they go on for way too long and who expects to bring kids to a car show and have them entertained by a creepy old guy giving away candy, toys and Money????

Pardeeville….your show is my favorite show of the year. PLEASE don’t go this route.

D.Dawg
    Participant

I wonder why, at this late hour, Dave Palmer (3D Sound) is out and somebody new and untested is in?

It makes no difference to me. I won’t participate in this show, due to other issues that have previously been discussed on this forum.

moparkid25
    Participant

Im sure it had to do with costs. 3D Dave is probably the best DJ for car shows, one because he keeps things moving and two he knows cars. I myself would rather hear classic rock or metal over the doo wop, but not everyone else wants to. I would comprimise with country even!! I am a closet fan of Motown, and think its some of the best music ever made. What I dont want to hear played 76 times at one show is Hot Rod Linclon, Purple People Eater, The Monster Mash, Little Nash Rambler, or any other stupid pointless song.

On the other hand, I hate people who like the sound of there own voice too. Platteville used to have 3D, they have since went away from that and now broadcast a mix tape of Elvis and Beatles tunes when the drunken cowboy isnt rambling on about the invention of the wheel. I gat a flyer from the P-ville people in DBQ, and I asked if this BS was continuing for a third year. The lady got real excited and said “oh he might!” But her excitement turned to disapproval when I said “If he is, Im not coming. He sucks.”

Im suprised that Pardeeville would go away from 3D. But, it doesnt sound like the replacement is a good choice.

Luxuryliners
    Participant

As soon as you said purple people eater I knew exactly who your were referencing and 2nd the above comments. Once again due to work I will not be able to attend pardeeville this year and though it doesn’t effect me just say no to dj chage, bring back 3d. Otherwise a really nice show! great pie!

Also have to agree with moparkid25 about Platteville, I think its hilarious that you called them on it!

circletrack
    Participant

Interesting… I’ve heard lots of DJ’s over the years and still prefer those who prefer to be seen and not heard – play a wide range of music, talk when you need to, and try not to annoy everyone all day.

Blown69RS
    Participant
    D.Dawg wrote:
    I wonder why, at this late hour, Dave Palmer (3D Sound) is out and somebody new and untested is in?

It makes no difference to me. I won’t participate in this show, due to other issues that have previously been discussed on this forum.

Dave is a very good friend of mine… without giving away anything “too personal”, Dave is trying to cutback some this season due to some health issues over the winter. He’s still out doing his unbelievable schedule, that would exhaust most anyone else.. it just so happened that that holiday weekend was one where he could cut a very long distance show for himself (and do something closer to home), so he chose to not participate. It was not a late change,, 3D had chose to not do that show before any flyers had ever been printed. There’s nothing else that should be read into that… it wasn’t costs, and it wasn’t anyone’s choice, other than Dave and his family. I saw Dave just this past weekend, and he looked excellent. I wish he’d cut his schedule just a little bit more… I don’t know how he keeps up with all the stuff he has going.

Blue55Chevy
    Participant

Good to hear that Dave is doing fine. When you get up there in years like some of us, every year there are some that went on to the big show and are missed.

Regardless of the reason for the DJ change the fact is that Sizzlin Sunny is a dud.
    He turns on his computer and his routine is the same.

Personaly, I like something that rocks early on while I detail my car which at larger shows can take hours. It makes detailing the car more enjoyable, and puts me in a better mood. I don’t need to hear music that came out in 1956, that wasn’t even good rock and roll when it came out.

I’ve only missed this show once in seven years and that was because of a family occasion that I couldn’t avoid. I’ve always thought Pardeeville was the nicest show in the state. Dave has been great and listened to what was said on this site. Those that do go will be in for a “real treat”. Me? I don’t know. Might just save myself the agony and $100 at the same time.

Perhaps members on this site should put a guideline list together of songs they enjoy that are acceptable car show music. It might take some time but could be very useful to Dj’s to create a playlist from.

Promoters so often only have to listen to those “cutzie” songs one show a year.
    But some of us hard cores take in 30 plus shows a year. They have no idea what its like to listen to crap show after show.

Amigo2k

there use to be a post where folks here listed the songs they would like to hear at car shows.

lordairgtar
    Participant

Agreed, Dave at 3D is one of the best. Hope he’s feeling good. I never heard of this Sizzlin’ Sunny dude, but he seems like someone who got into DJing car shows as a side to his normal wedding stuff. Or, he’s a friend of one of the promoters and had an in. I like to mix up the music a bit, but remember the person who signs the check is the guy who makes the rules as to what the DJ will play. I know, I’ve had some really weird ideas thrown at me. You could always have them in Pardeeville call me. That town is within my hundred mile radius. I do classic rock, 80s, 90s and the normal car show stuff but I think I put enough variety in the list to make everyone happy. I mean, who else do you know who’ll play Uriah Heap and Billy Idol at a show? LOL

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.