We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Quaker Steak and Lube, May 15, 2008

• Creator
    Topic
    jonmandude
    Participant

OK, everyone here has heard my rants on the QSL cruise night. I figured it is time to put everything behind me, stop being childish, and show support for a night that is great for the hobby we all enjoy. So I attended tonight. I was a little apprehensive on how I would be received, but Scott and Thom made me feel welcome. I hope they did not feel uncomfortable about me being there.

It was nice to see a few of the people that showed last year (although I could have done without some people asking me where I wanted them to park). The QSL cruise night is what cruise nights are all about, good people a great cars. Tonight was weak with the Automotion weekend coming up but still nice, about 30 cars.

I do like what they have done with putting the voting out in the lot, nice. I also like the dash plaques and “Best of show” plaque, simple and stylish.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Amigo2k

Good to hear you made it out! I’m planning on making it to QSL in June.

Anonymous
    Inactive

jonmandude,

glad to see that you are able to “get back up on the horse”, so to speak. You are showing maturity and understanding well beyond anything that would be expected!

I was in the Middleton area last night with the High School Girl’s Soccer teams, playing at the Middleton Soccer complex. We drove past the QSL on the way home, and it looked like a pretty good turn out.

The HS soccer season for this year, ends tonight, so I will be free the rest of the summer to get out and get involved in some of the Thursday night cruise-ins myself.

Marshall

jonmandude
    Participant
    Quote:
    jonmandude,

glad to see that you are able to “get back up on the horse”, so to speak. You are showing maturity and understanding well beyond anything that would be expected

Marshall

Thanks Marshall. I figured enough has been said that should not have been and it all needs to be over. It is a perfect location and a great place. If it weren’t for the one person that made me quit (who obviously had a problem with me being there last night) I would still be happily working there. It was, by far, my favorite place to work. In fact if she ever leaves I would gladly go back.

I think the hardest part for me was explaining to people why I wasn’t working there without stirring up the drama (all I could say was that I left because I wasn’t happy) coupled with the numerous complaints I received from customers and employees about the same “her” that made me quit (All I could say was it doesn’t concern me).

I don’t know how often I will go to the Thursday night cruises at the Lube. But I will go a few more times…if they will let me.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi everyone. Stumbled onto this site when I was looking for pics about QSL cruise night. We, my two brothers and I try to make it out once a month. A few time last year we did and so far this year just a few.

The May 15th showing was a decent turnout for cool weather and early in the year. If you see us there, stop by and say hi. We normally roll in with my three toys, the Blue 69 Camaro, Flamed 60′ Apache and 82 320 BMW.

Trying to get a few more toys finished up to bring in, hopefully by the 5th of June we will have a fourth to drive in.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Welcome to the forum lilwillie! It sounds like you have a beautiful set of classics, any photos of them?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    Welcome to the forum lilwillie! It sounds like you have a beautiful set of classics, any photos of them?

Thanks. Not quite beautiful but fun. They all need a little TLC but are awesome drivers and fun as hell.

I can’t post URL’s yet since I don’t have enough posts and been here long enough. But if you’d like, go to williesrepair.blogspot. you know and you can see what we roll.

The 60′ Apache and 69 Camaro are mine, the BMW I co-own with my brother. We are in the process of finishing up the 1958 Edsel Pacer and my other brother is building the FFR MkIII Cobra Replica.

If you go to the August 16th 2007 Photo gallery they have the 60 and Camaro pictured :)

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I took a look at your site, excellent! You have a ton of detailed articles and photos. That Edsel restoration looks like it is coming along well!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    I took a look at your site, excellent! You have a ton of detailed articles and photos. That Edsel restoration looks like it is coming along well!

Thank you.

The Edsel is so close you can feel it. Waiting on some padding for the front seat to finish the interior and need to put the exhaust on and we have it ready to test run.

Then all the little issues to address. Clips, handles, adjustments.

After the Edsel is out my Dad is bringing his 1960 Nash Metropolitan in to redo.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.