We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Quaker Steak & Lube 2013

• Creator
    Topic
    jonmandude
    Participant

Just started working on the new year of Lube cruises.
    Again this year we will be doing the weekly theme nights. I listen to all input people share with me each week to improve the nights. So this year I have changed it a bit.

Now “Exotic” and “Tokyo Drift” nights will be combined into one “Exotic and Import Night”.

I will be using the now open night to have a “Family Tree Night”. Last year a few have said that they feel Chevy, Ford, and Mopar nights do not include them. “Family Tree Night” will be for the other loved brands..Oldsmobile, Buick, Pontiac, Mercury, and Cadillac.

Also our Friday night “Truck Nights” did not work as hoped so we will now have a week themed for trucks. We are still considering having live music Fridays with VIP parking for trucks, yet still undecided.

I am very pleased to say that a local company may be sponsoring our cruise nights, which will bring different specials and maybe some give-aways.

Of course there will be our loved charity show in late summer for Gilda’s Club. I am hopeful that I can grow this event. It is such a great charity.

I will update as I have more details on live music and theme dates.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Amigo2k

Any plans to move Sept – Oct to Sunday afternoons? Not many car shows then and folks may come out with the sun out than the sun setting too soon …

jonmandude
    Participant

It is really hard to change times or days midseason. It tends to cause confusion.

That said, it does demand some thought. I know a few have asked about it, so I really have to consider it. I know at that time of year, we all still want to enjoy our cars before putting them (grrr) away for winter and we have so few options.

maddog
    Participant

Just curious; but is it actualy a cruise; or a car show in the parking lot?

jonmandude
    Participant

it is a “cruise-in”…not show. There is no trophies, no classes, no attitudes. Just people getting together sharing their love of cars….with live music and drink specials

GTO Man

I have always enjoyed QSL’s cruise-ins. When are they going to start this year?

jonmandude
    Participant

I always like to start as soon as I can. I hope early April. I will stop in to the restaurant this weekend and get the dates and themes for this year and post.

jonmandude
    Participant

Here is the current schedule ….so far. This is just what is scheduled with bands. We will start as soon as the weather makes it possible, but here is the scheduled themes with bands

June 6 —- 20’s – 30’s – 40’s— Band- Old School

June 13 — 50’s— Band- Fuzzy Side Up

June 20 — 60’s— Band-

June 27 — 70’s— Band- Family Business

July 4 — 80’s— Band-

July 11 — Chevrolet— Band- Four Wheel Drive

July 18 — Ford— Band- Gypsy Holler

July 25 — Mopar— Band- Devil’s Fen

August 1 — Family Tree Night— Band- Fuzzy Side Up
    (Buick, Olds, Pontiac, Mercury, Cadillac, etc)

August 8 — Corvette— Band-

August 15 — Exotic and Import— Band- Dan Walkner

August 22 — Muscle Car— Band-

August 29 — Trucks— Band- Gypsy Holler

moparkid25
    Participant

Must not have been able to book Iron Maiden or Dokken for any of the gigs, huh? :whistle:

jonmandude
    Participant

I guess they didn’t have any Thursdays open for the summer.

GTO Man
    jonmandude wrote:
    Here is the current schedule ….so far. This is just what is scheduled with bands. We will start as soon as the weather makes it possible, but here is the scheduled themes with bands

June 6 —- 20’s – 30’s – 40’s— Band- Old School

June 13 — 50’s— Band- Fuzzy Side Up

June 20 — 60’s— Band-

June 27 — 70’s— Band- Family Business

July 4 — 80’s— Band-

July 11 — Chevrolet— Band- Four Wheel Drive

July 18 — Ford— Band- Gypsy Holler

July 25 — Mopar— Band- Devil’s Fen

August 1 — Family Tree Night— Band- Fuzzy Side Up
    (Buick, Olds, Pontiac, Mercury, Cadillac, etc)

August 8 — Corvette— Band-

August 15 — Exotic and Import— Band- Dan Walkner

August 22 — Muscle Car— Band-

August 29 — Trucks— Band- Gypsy Holler

Looks like a great schedule. How difficult is it to line the bands up for specific nights?

jonmandude
    Participant

I am not sure how Thom decides that.

jonmandude
    Participant

I am aiming for April 25 as a first night for cruise-ins this year. It all depends on the weather. If it is clear out and above 55 degrees, I will be there

GTO Man

Looks like this long winter is starting to disappear, it is about time.

jonmandude
    Participant

amen

mdunn6
    Participant
    moparkid25 wrote:
    Must not have been able to book Iron Maiden or Dokken for any of the gigs, huh? :whistle:

+1
    Red Rocker

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.