We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Quaker Steak & Lube Cruise Night In Madison

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Here are the updates:
    With the coming of the new year I would like to announce the Quaker Steak and Lube Cruise Night on the west side of Madison!! This great, new cruise night will make an excellent addition to our already great line-up of cruises. This one is unique in that it is located in Madison and on Thursday night. Here are some details:

Dates:
    It will be starting next year on April 26th and going each Thursday from 5-9PM until around Halloween. There won’t really be any designated “WCC Night”, we will be involved with all/most of them.

Music:
    Great tunes playing the whole night outside of The Lube

Bring Your Classic & Get:
    A 10% discount to everyone that brings a classic, the whole front lot will be blocked off for classics only.

Featured Cars:
    Wisconsin Collector Car is going to contact local businesses/clubs and work to have featured cars each/most of the weeks. The featured cars will have their own area, with cones/ropes if necessary. If you, your club, or your business are interested in having your car(s) featured at the cruises, please contact us here!

Prizes/Awards:
    Door prizes are not definite yet but they may be having t-shirts and maybe some “best of the night” awards like best paint or most chrome. We’re going to try and provide some gas cards as door prizes in addition

Food:
    Of course the restaurant will be open, and they’re putting up a new area called The Garage. It has several garage doors that will be open so you can basically sit outside there at the bar and get food/drinks.

More on the Site
    Wisconsin Collector Car will be providing a lot of information about the cruise – in the form of a special page on the site, located here:
    Quaker Steak & Lube Cruise Night
    as well as email newsletters, fourm announcements, and a special “Go or No” feature where we let you know that night if the weather is going to affect the cruise

Old Post:
    [spoiler:ce0b8dfc01]
    With the coming of the new year I would like to announce that Wisconsin Collector Car is going to help with the Quaker Steak and Lube Cruise Nights!!! This event will take place Thursdays once-a-month at Quaker Steak and Lube on the west side of Madison!! We are planning on a great time with lots of fun things to do, including many featured cars each cruise as well as great door prizes!!! We have a page setup for it, so take a look:
    Please post ideas and feedback about this new event! icon_punk.gif[/spoiler:ce0b8dfc01]

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Garibaldi. Thanks to GTOMAN and Big Block also. I am really looking forward to this one. I like the idea that it is only one night each month, instead of every week. On the every week schedule, one can always drive out to Sun Prairie (Tuesday nights?) and East Town Mall (Wednesday nights?).

Marshall

hpdog259962
    Participant

I’ll try to make it. Madison, is a bit of a drive but I’ll try my hardest.

Remember, it is a drive for you guys but we do have a show @ Union this year again the first Sunday in August. The forms aren’t out yet but if interested let me know.

GTO Man
    Quote:
    I’ll try to make it. Madison, is a bit of a drive but I’ll try my hardest.

Remember, it is a drive for you guys but we do have a show @ Union this year again the first Sunday in August. The forms aren’t out yet but if interested let me know.

I heard that the show last summer was very good. I would be interested in that.

hpdog259962
    Participant

OK, when I get the flyer, I’ll upload it. It will be the first Sunday in August starting with a tour from Old County Buffet in Crystal Lake, ILL.

I am planing to do a couple of tours in the future years and would to see all of you on them.

Quote:
    I heard that the show last summer was very good. I would be interested in that.
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I am going to get some more details on the cruise nights tomorrow, I will let you know

GTO Man
    Quote:
    I am going to get some more details on the cruise nights tomorrow, I will let you know

I think Quaker Steak and Lube will be having a cruise-in on Thursday nights. If we are involved at all it will probably be donating a door prize.

hpdog259962
    Participant

If it helps, the Menards down here had little gas pump replicas with Buick and other makes. THey were clearing them out, you guys might have some up there.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am somewhat confused, but that’s norm for me.

As I understand it now, the QSL will hold a weekly cruise-in every Thursday evening? And, once a month, the WCC will help/assist the QSL by providing a door prize or door prizes?

Is this pretty close to what the WCC has planned?

Marshall

GTO Man
    Quote:
    I am somewhat confused, but that’s norm for me.

As I understand it now, the QSL will hold a weekly cruise-in every Thursday evening? And, once a month, the WCC will help/assist the QSL by providing a door prize or door prizes?

Is this pretty close to what the WCC has planned?

Marshall

If they have door prizes we may be sponsoring one of the door prizes. I am not sure if it would be any specific thursday night or not. The main thing is there may be a cruise-in thursday nights on the west side of Madison.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Marshall,

We’re still working out the exact details but it will be something like that. We may provide door prizes and contact people about maybe having their cars featured at the cruise. Once we meet with the owner of QSL and get the exact details ironed out I’ll let you know more definitely! thumbsup.gif I just figured it would be a good idea to announce that the cruise is happening to get the word out and fill in these details a bit later

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks

A cruise-in on the west side of town is an excellent addition to the other two weekly events that happen on Tuesday and Wednesday nights.

I’ll watch for further details as they are posed.

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

We now really have a full week of events. You can go to a car show/cruise night every other day of the week!!!! icon_punk.gif Its the car enthusiast’s dream! icon_cheers.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

I will try to bring some interesting stuff this year. Maybe bring some of my models for a joy ride too Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Excellent icon_cheesygrin.gif icon_cheesygrin.gif

Your car listings on Ebay with the models certainly get alot of lively discussions started on Vintage Mustang Forum (VMF). Keep up the Good Work.

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I will try to bring some interesting stuff this year. Maybe bring some of my models for a joy ride too Drogar-Laugh(LBG).gif

Great!! That would be fantastic! thumbsup.gif What cars might you bring?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.