We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows Quaker Steak & Lube Cruise Night In Madison

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Here are the updates:
    With the coming of the new year I would like to announce the Quaker Steak and Lube Cruise Night on the west side of Madison!! This great, new cruise night will make an excellent addition to our already great line-up of cruises. This one is unique in that it is located in Madison and on Thursday night. Here are some details:

Dates:
    It will be starting next year on April 26th and going each Thursday from 5-9PM until around Halloween. There won’t really be any designated “WCC Night”, we will be involved with all/most of them.

Music:
    Great tunes playing the whole night outside of The Lube

Bring Your Classic & Get:
    A 10% discount to everyone that brings a classic, the whole front lot will be blocked off for classics only.

Featured Cars:
    Wisconsin Collector Car is going to contact local businesses/clubs and work to have featured cars each/most of the weeks. The featured cars will have their own area, with cones/ropes if necessary. If you, your club, or your business are interested in having your car(s) featured at the cruises, please contact us here!

Prizes/Awards:
    Door prizes are not definite yet but they may be having t-shirts and maybe some “best of the night” awards like best paint or most chrome. We’re going to try and provide some gas cards as door prizes in addition

Food:
    Of course the restaurant will be open, and they’re putting up a new area called The Garage. It has several garage doors that will be open so you can basically sit outside there at the bar and get food/drinks.

More on the Site
    Wisconsin Collector Car will be providing a lot of information about the cruise – in the form of a special page on the site, located here:
    Quaker Steak & Lube Cruise Night
    as well as email newsletters, fourm announcements, and a special “Go or No” feature where we let you know that night if the weather is going to affect the cruise

Old Post:
    [spoiler:ce0b8dfc01]
    With the coming of the new year I would like to announce that Wisconsin Collector Car is going to help with the Quaker Steak and Lube Cruise Nights!!! This event will take place Thursdays once-a-month at Quaker Steak and Lube on the west side of Madison!! We are planning on a great time with lots of fun things to do, including many featured cars each cruise as well as great door prizes!!! We have a page setup for it, so take a look:
    Please post ideas and feedback about this new event! icon_punk.gif[/spoiler:ce0b8dfc01]

Viewing 10 replies - 91 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    jonmandude
    Participant

Yes, the garage does have heat. We keep the garage open all year long on Tuesday (all you can eat wings), Friday and Saturday. Thursday October 25 will probably be the last Thursday that the garage will be open until spring.

I hope it will be fun. I have had a few people say that they are looking forward to POS night, and have received a few phone calls also. That night is also our “Scareoke” night with costumes in the karaoke area. I hope some of you can come out, wear a costume, and drive a beater.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Yes, the garage does have heat. We keep the garage open all year long on Tuesday (all you can eat wings), Friday and Saturday. Thursday October 25 will probably be the last Thursday that the garage will be open until spring.

I hope it will be fun. I have had a few people say that they are looking forward to POS night, and have received a few phone calls also. That night is also our “Scareoke” night with costumes in the karaoke area. I hope some of you can come out, wear a costume, and drive a beater.

It should be a great way to end the year! icon_punk.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

Jon, How would you rate the cruise nights at QSL this summer overall?

Not only did I like the short drive (1/2 hour), but I liked the atmoshpere a lot better than some other cruise nights in years past. I’m sure you will have it again, do you have any new ideas to implement next year? Will you have certain “brand nights” like Mopar night again?

BTW, sorry I didn’t make it there this year.

jonmandude
    Participant

This year was definitely a success. We did not know how moving the cruise to Thursday night (from Sunday afternoon) would be accepted. We were hoping for around 40 to 50 cars each week, and were definitely overwhelmed with the nearly 100 cars each week!!

I definitely have some ideas in the hopper to improve next year and make it more enjoyable for everyone. A “theme” or “brand” night is going to happen. I will be designating the last Thursday each month to a certain car brand. I am thinking Ford, Chevy, and Mopar and then a combination of Buick, Pontiac and Oldsmobile would fill out the four good months of summer that we have. Next year I hope to get some dealers involved with those “brand nights” as well with some give aways. Now is such an exciting time with the new wave of muscle cars being released next year. I hope I can get some of that excitement for the QS&L friends.

I will try again to get Good Guys involved again. I honestly enjoyed being able to give four deserving car lovers entrance to the show, as well as all of the T-shirts I gave out. I am also trying to get other events. I am going to try to get more vendors involved. Everybody enjoyed the Blue Chip, Kelly Moss and House of Horsepower nights.

As I have already said, but will never get sick of saying, thank you everyone who came out this year. You all made this a very enjoyable summer for me.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all. So the 2013 cruise in start and end when?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Am I reading your post correctly? Your cruise in will be on Thursday this year. I plan on makeing it. They are great. For the eastsiders and all we are having cruise ins on Sunday afternoon at the Country Corners starting May 19. We see ya all at the Lube for the great cruise ins.

GTO Man

Yes, their cruises are on Thursday’s. Looks like the cruises may start in May and the music starts in early June.

Jonmandude would know more about this.

Welcome to the forum. Great looking truck. If you want to send some info on the cruises I will add it to the calendar.

moparkid25
    Participant
    41chevy wrote:
    Am I reading your post correctly? Your cruise in will be on Thursday this year. I plan on makeing it. They are great. For the eastsiders and all we are having cruise ins on Sunday afternoon at the Country Corners starting May 19. We see ya all at the Lube for the great cruise ins.

Do you have some more info on these Sunday afternoon cruise-ins at country corners? I play football at Olin-Turville on Sunday afternoons, and thats not too far away…

jonmandude
    Participant

Yes, Thursdays at the Lube from 5:00pm until ?
    I always shoot to start these mid-April..but that all depends on the weather. As soon as the snow is gone, and we have had a couple good rains to wash away the salt, and the temperature is warm enough to endure being outside.

jonmandude
    Participant

Update

Well, the weather is starting to come around. I swear Spring is slower this year than I was getting out of bed as a teen.

With Jefferson being April 26-28, I am aiming for a hopeful April 25th start this year. If the weather is clear and, at least above 55 degrees, I will be there. No band yet but we can still have an excuse to drive the cars

Viewing 10 replies - 91 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.