We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions Quite the snowstorm

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Did anyone hear how much we ended up having? Today (Thursday) was quite a mess, lots of crashes and very difficult driving.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

There was about a foot in my driveway. Real heart attack snow.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Yeah, it was at least a foot over here on the near west side, lots of work and I know I’ll be sore tomorrow from all the shoveling

GTO Man

I’m just waiting for them to plow the street, I would like to shovel it out tonight. By morning it will be like a pile of concrete at the end of the driveway.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Its such a pain trying to dig through that, especially when piled up after several plows

circletrack
    Participant

Did you all get out of work early? My employer let us go at noon but many more were off earlier or didn’t go in at all. When Madison schools close you KNOW it’s a BIG storm! :) Driving home was the pits, I hate the interstate and the trucks that think they can do 55-60 yet you can’t find a lane to drive in. I’m sure we got at least a foot, it was nuts!

I’m ready for spring now!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I opted out of work for Thursday, but did drive my son to work in Middleton at 8:30. His company shut down at 1PM, so I went back to Middleton and drove him home and took the wife to work at 5PM. The beltline at 8:30AM was about as dicey as I have ever seen it. Lots of slideoffs, and drivers creeping along at 5MPH.
    Marshall

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.