We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Madison Area Discussions RARE MOPAR KID

• Creator
    Topic
    Gunner
    Participant

(THIS POST IS FOR THE AMUSEMENT OF MY FRIEND MOPARKID25, WHO MAY BE THE ONLY PERSON ON THIS FORUM TO ACTUALLY APPRECIATE THE SARCASM)

FOUND!
    Another one of the 11 1971 Hemi Cuda convertibles has been found under the bed of a brothel in Salt Lake City.
    No one is quite sure how it got there.
    But Mopar experts from around the country have verified it and after a complete concourse restoration it is sure to be featured in the “official” publications..
    Noted authority Gail Gopher has inspected the car and suggested the use of only NOS parts. “I can absolutely assure all that this car is the real thing” he said.
    The restoration is scheduled to begin as soon as a suitable doner car is located.
    Also there is talk of launching a new website:
    “for1971HemiCudaconvertableownersonly.com” which is expected to have as many as 11 registered users.

Attachments:
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    moparkid25
    Participant

I’m honored that my sarcasm is actually appreciated by contributers!

….Because we all know the lurkers can’t take a joke 🙂

Gunner
    Participant

Have you had any recent dealings with the MOPAR authority Gale Gopher? I wonder why Mark Warman (Graveyard Carz) never refers to him? He (Gale Gopher) doesn’t get alot of respect on the For A Bodies Only (FABO) forum.

moparkid25
    Participant

Any dealings I have ever had with GG were pleasant. I know there are others out there who disagree with his methods, or reports, and there has been some contreversy regarding production numbers from the factory vs his registry. I cannot account for any of that, but he did save a customer of mine a boat load of money and headaches with his inspection after finding out a Hemi car was not a Hemi car as the VIN on the vehicle was supposed to be a car currently in an AZ junkyard, leading to a lot of questions for the owner, consigner, and the consigners bank.

Gunner
    Participant

The car that you are referring to – was that a Hemi powered Red Charger?

moparkid25
    Participant

Yes, a red coronet R/T that was sold as the real deal with a non #s matching crate engine in it.

Turns out the numbers weren’t for that car even… The seller still states it was legit, but GG had evidence that proved otherwise.

Hard to believe that was 13 years ago already.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.