We have an updated Privacy Policy as well as Terms & Conditions and other policies on the site. Please review all of them using the links in the footer.

Welcome Forum Car Shows RATE THE CAR SHOW!!!

• Creator
    Topic
    Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Well many of us attend car shows, how about we rate them and provide comments on each show? Here’s the format for posting a show:

1. Put the name of the show in bold
    2. Give the show a grade letter, A being the best and F being the worst (and no… there isn’t an E grade :haha:)
    3. Put a description (brief or long, either way) of the show and what you thought, also any interesting cars that you saw there.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    GTO Man

I’ll start with Automotion in Wisconsin Dells in late May 2005. I thought this was an excellent show, which it usually is. I would give it a grade of A-. Some of the good points are the location(blacktop parking lot – don’t have to worry about the car getting too dirty), great selection of top-end cars, fun atmosphere, and one of the first big shows of the season.

Anonymous
    Inactive

G Man,
    What a great initiative. icon_applause.gif You just increased my interest in this forum, tenfold.
    Our new friend Circletrack, hopefully, will step up and take the initiative on Pardeeville. If not, I will, later on this week. icon_cheers.gif

GTO Man

Glad to hear it. It is nice to hear other peoples opinions on the car shows in the area.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    G Man,
    What a great initiative. icon_applause.gif You just increased my interest in this forum, tenfold.
    Our new friend Circletrack, hopefully, will step up and take the initiative on Pardeeville. If not, I will, later on this week. icon_cheers.gif

Thanks. If you have any ideas like this please post them!!! thumbsup.gif

This sounded like a great idea, that way after hearing everyone’s ratings we can get a better feel for the shows and line up our schedules for next year!!

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

MMRJR Wrote:
    I would give the PARDEEVILLE CAR SHOW a rating of B+. The facility (Chandler Park) is an excellent location with plenty of room for 200 or so cars. There was plenty of shade and the food was tasty and reasonably priced. This was only the second year for this show and it appears to be growing by leaps and bounds. The only glitch and complaint that I could see was judging. There were not enough folks judging and my car was not judged until about 2:30. And, in my opinion, the judging was too quick and too cursory. It appeared to me that the gentleman who judged my car had already decided who would place in my class and who would not, and was running out of time. I am certain that there will be more folks judging cars next year, and I will guess that the total number of cars will obviously increase.

I will go back to this show next year.

Marshall

GTO Man

I went to the Waterloo Car show. It was a good show. This was the second year I have been to the show. I would give it a grade of B. It was a nice setting in Fireman’s Park in Waterloo. One negative might be where the cars are parked, on a hill. In some areas there is a lack of shade. There was a refreshment stand nearby. The worst part of the show was the hot weather. There were only about 1/2 of the cars that were there last year.

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

I also went to the show. I would also give it a B rating, for the smaller turn out of cars. Also it was on a hill and where we were at sitting in my chair I felt like I would fall over at any second. Also it was very hot and sunny. On the bright side there were a lot of great cars, including a couple tbirds, which seem to be few and far between these days.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Garibaldi,
    You need to take half a day or so and visit with Charles (Chuck) Siewert, at Regal TBird restorations, off of Rimrock Road. I had him do some work on the fastback earlier this year, and I was knocked out by the quantity and quality of his Tbird restoration and recreation work. I understand that you have an award winning TBird, and Regal does restorations, recreations and kit cars. His clients come from all over the world for their one of a kind Tbirds. You would be amazed at what he is able to do with Tbirds, Cobras, and Mustangs. If nothing else, he might be a source of parts or repairs that you might be interested in.

Marshall

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Actually the tbird isn’t mine, its a partnership sort of thing. That sounds like a very interesting place, I will definitely check it out! I know one problem that has been bugging us is the spare tire tends to bounce a bit and make noise. We’ve tried a couple quick fixes but it doesn’t seem to work.

GTO Man

We are familiar with Regal Roadsters. Our Tbird was serviced there for a number of years, They are real experts and do quality work.

GTO Man

Iola takes place in early July and has for over 30 years. We brought a couple of cars up to the show this year. The show has a number of different parts: swap meet, auction and car show. I believe there were over 400 vendors. If you can’t find the part you are looking for there, you probably never will. The vendors spaces seem well organized. One negative would be the topography of the grounds. It can get rather messy after a rainstorm also. Being such a big show it is impossible to see it all in one day. It certainly has the largest selection of cars in this area. Another plus is the ample food and drink stands. I would give the show an A-.

Here is a picture from last year’s show. [spoiler:5e227b9101]0711040106tv.jpg[/spoiler:5e227b9101]

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

:yikes:

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Cross Plains Car Show

I would give this show a rating of A. I felt that it was a great show, well setup and oranized. Not only that but the weather worked out great today. Also there were a lot of people interested in cars that wanted to stop and chat, which really made the show interesting. Also I saw some pretty unique things that you normally don’t see at another show, like 7 tbirds were here today. Overall a great show! thumbsup.gif

Garibaldi
    Keymaster

Did anyone attend any other shows this weekend besides Automotion? If so please post a new rate the car show topic and give us the details. Also if you have pictures from it please let me know and I’ll make a photo album for them

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.